Bijou Off To The Vet Monday Morning

Guest argolola

Praying that the Good Shepherd who loves beyond measure will strengthen you & Bijou and guide and direct you both to peace amid this terrrible storm.

I couldn't have said it better myself. You will both be in my prayers.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

I'm so sorry to hear about your precious girl....I lost my heart dog, Jett, to mast cell cancer. sad.gif

My heart goes out to you....sending you comfort and peace. grouphug.gif

I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest Paige12

All my thoughts and prayers are with you at this horrible time. Such a horrible diagnosis to hear, it just makes everyones heart ache. So sorry.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

The Test Results are Back...

Unfortunately I will be sending Bijou across the Bridge soon. :(

Blood work came back and she has a borderline Grade III Mast Cell Tumor on her inner right thigh. It has enlarged to the point were the blood is not circulating back up from her foot. The vet said if the tumor was a lot smaller we could probably remove it and do mass amounts of Chemo, but at almost 12 years old she isn't sure how well she could even tolerate the surgery and Chemo with the size the tumor is now.

I have to let her go soon, but deciding when is the hardest. She can still walk around ok, but not putting a lot of weight on the leg. She is still a happy girl to see daddy when I come home. But she is losing weight even though she is eating. And she does seem to spend more time alone in her favorite spot in my bedroom. I'm thinking maybe another week or two, however I don't want to wait until the leg becomes dead weight and she has trouble getting up and down.

After losing Isis last year I am not looking forward to letting Bijou go this year but I can't be selfish and put her through unnecessary pain or suffering. Now I just have to make that final decision.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers.

Greg

I'm so sorry Greg! I know how heartbreaking this must be for you! I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Greg,

I am so sorry. Give Bijou a big hug and kiss for me. Hug to you too.

We are thinking of you.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]