Good Thoughts Needed For My Staggerlee

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

**Staggerlee hasn't vomited since 2 a.m. night before last! :-)) He had a semi solid breakfast at 4 a.m., yes, 4 a.m. (*when they eat :(, and still doing well. I am HOPING he is over this, especially with the long holiday weekend coming up! If ANYTHING changes, he can still see Dr. Karen today or tomorrow, though. Dr. B, my former vet/boss, and still friend, thinks it was enteritis. He is seeing a lot of it in his practice.

I KNOW all your good wishes and prayers have really helped my "Lee Lee!" After all, I told him, we need to go to Mt. Hounds on Wed! Love to you all! Dee and Staggerlee.... p.s. DH and I will try for that "popsicle shot" tonight!

Good Day All!

I am here to ask for some positive thoughts for my Staggerlee, almost 10.

About 24 hours ago, he vomited most of his food (still whole) after 8 hours. Then, yesterday late afternoon, I fed him a little Purina EN prescription food and plain yogurt, with a Pepcid AC. Then, 10 hours later, he vomited again (the rice from the EN was whole).

He is not dehydrated, no stomach distension or tenderness, no pain, panting, or diarrhea. I wonder if I am just looking at that "bug" going around, or an obstruction sad.gif ... He does like to eat tree bark when in the big pen, but they are small pieces and he does chew them. Of course, a tumor, God forbid, could be a cause as well.

I have emails into both my former vet/employer, and my current vet, to see if they want me to keep him on clear liquids for 24 hours and watch or, or bring him in.

We could use some good thoughts and prayers. Of course, I was up next to him all night. If you didn't know it, you'd never thing he was sick!

Many thanks! Dee and Staggerlee

Edited by Energy11

Lots of prayers.

I'd take him in, Dee.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greyt2love

Dee, I hope it's just a bug !! My Chloe had the same thing going on last week and after a couple days, she was all over it. Pepcid did seem to help her.

Sending good thoughts that StaggerLee has nothing more than that going on !goodluck.gif

Oh, poor Staggerlee :( Sending lots of good thoughts! :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

sending prayers it's nothing! :hope :hope :hope

Our Rainey threw up (very unusual for her) Monday night as well! completely undigested food. We fed her small meals on Tuesday, she still was "off", not herself -- but thankfully seemed to be back to normal yesterday. I read here about the "bug" and I'm guessing that's what she had to!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Energy11

Lots of prayers.

I'd take him in, Dee.

Dr. Karen just called, and told me to watch him, and keep him on clear broth. I do have an appt. for tomorrow, but, if anything changes, he will go today! So far, he has kept yogurt down since 2 a.m. Could he have this "vomiting bug," Yep! DH went to the vet to get Goldie's Deramaxx last Friday and her food. He didn't remember to spray his shoes or pants with Lysol!

You know, I know pretty much, what is what, and so far, I will just keep a close watch.

Love, Dee

Guest Energy11

Oh he'll be okay.

Just a bug. Just a bug. Just a bug. Just a bug. Just a bug.

I hope. I hope. I hope! He has held down plain yogurt and low sodium beef broth since 2 a.m. One more vomit, he goes!

Glad he is holding some stuff down now, keeping fingers crossed!

Vomiting undigested food always scares me -- I immediately think of Batman & his mass, and of Joseph & his omgitcostshowmuch? surgery. Fortunately, most things aren't either of those.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Glad he is holding some stuff down now, keeping fingers crossed!

Vomiting undigested food always scares me -- I immediately think of Batman & his mass, and of Joseph & his omgitcostshowmuch? surgery. Fortunately, most things aren't either of those.

Yeah, I know what you mean! It scares me, too! The boy is following me around, looking for food! I told him, his daddy will go buy some popsicles when he goes into town :-)) Good source of liquid, and they love them.

I have the pet insurance for the omgitcostshowmuch type surgery, but of course, you have to pay up front! HOPE it isn't anything like that!

Thanks for all your support!

Hopefully he'll be able to eat something solid soon and keep it down. I've had a few undigested vomit's around here but usually within 12 hours, they're eating again and keeping things down just fine.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest mcsheltie

I am adding to the chant... it is just a bug!

One of my cats went two days throwing up totally undigested food eight hours or more (!) after she had eaten it. I spent a fortune at the vet. They had no idea and no treatment, other than I did sub-q fluids at home. And she got over it on her own. Still to this day have no idea what happened.

so...back to..it is just a bug!

Guest Energy11

"Lee Lee" likes popsicles! colgate.gif Good way to keep them hydrated, and still adding a little sugar for extra "zing!" Man, I hate this stuff! When it is your own, boy oh boy, it IS different!

Guest TeddysMom

Poor Staggerlee. :( I hope it is only a bug and nothing more serious. You have enough going on in your life right now you sure don't need anything else. Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Do you think you could try some applesauce mixed in with the yogurt to give a little more substance to the liquid. The reason that I mention this is that some dogs will start vomiting bile if they have an empty stomach which would add another complication you don't need right now.

Poor Staggerlee. :( Poor mama! :( Hope he feels better soon.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Getting on the "Just A Bug" bus here also. hope.gif

My kids will accept frozen Gatorade sometimes when they feel punky. ?

Hugs, Dee!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Energy11

So far, so good. I am about to give him some more broth and maybe some popsicle soon.

For dinner, I was thinking of low sodium chicken broth with mashed taters mixed in for consistancy, but not too much bulk on the stomach.

Thanks for all the good thoughts!