Good Thoughts For Larry Please

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Two days ago, Larry started limping on his back left leg. We thought perhaps he had stepped on something out in the yard, but I didn't find any evidence of that, and it doesn't seem to be his foot that's bothering him. In the two days since, not only is he stiff and limping on that leg, but it seems to be weaker and buckles under him more than before. Not all the time, but enough to be noticeable. His spirits are good, and he's still frisky when he comes in from being outside.

So....if he's not better by Monday, we'll be in to the vet.

In other Larry news, he's so funny this morning. My husband does most of the cooking at our house. When I go into the kitchen and start messing around with food items, Larry can pretty much count on a treat being handed over. This morning I'm cooking up a bunch of food to be frozen and delivered to my dad and his wife, who just had surgery and isn't supposed to do anything for a few weeks. Larry has stood at the edge of the kitchen all morning begging and begging for his treat. He knows I've been in the kitchen far too long for him not to get something out of it.

He's such a sweetie and has such a gentle spirit. Any good thoughts you can spare for this boy would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Smiley

Oh no you don't Larry-no limping! Oh Adrianne, I will be praying like mad for Larry that this is nothing-absolutely nothing. Keeping you both close in my heart and give him a big, yummy treat for me!

Guest Energy11

Adrianne, remember, at Larry's age, this could just be arthritis like Goldie has! Please DON'T think the worst, please!

Sending TONS OF LOVE and PRAYERS from us!! Call if you need anything, too!

On a lighter note, you can send your hubby over here! I get SICK of cooking, and DH can't cook for beans!

Love you! Dee

Guest Houndie

Lots of prayers and good thoughts headed your way. Dee's point is a good one -- arthritis could certainly be the issue here. If you have a chance, a Larry picture or two would be nice. smile.gif That pup just steals my heart every time I look at him.

Guest greymama002

Hopes & prayers that Larry's limp isn't serious & that this treat-loving boy is soon feeling much better! (And of course we will need photographic evidence of that!)

Tina is the same way when I am preparing food in the kitchen- she always assumes that it's just gotta be something for her!

Guest Adrianne

Lots of prayers and good thoughts headed your way. Dee's point is a good one -- arthritis could certainly be the issue here. If you have a chance, a Larry picture or two would be nice. smile.gif That pup just steals my heart every time I look at him.

Well, here's the pouty look/stinkeye he gave me a few minutes ago when I told him to go lie down after he'd been begging at the edge of the kitchen for a couple hours.

IMG_7804.jpg

I don't want to jump to conclusions, and I won't. However, I'm not the naive person I was back in December of last year when Wilbur broke his leg. I was thrilled then that it was JUST a broken leg, and it would heal right up. Sheesh! How dumb was that!

Guest Vers

Adrienne, I'll be keeping both of you in my thoughts and sending big all-is-well-and-all-shall-be-well wishes your way. Sweet Larry honey, it's not good to worry the momma who loves you so much.

If you have a chance, a Larry picture or two would be nice. That pup just steals my heart every time I look at him.

I second this!

Sending prayers and good thoughts for Larry. He just has to be o.k.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest Energy11

Well, here's the pouty look/stinkeye he gave me a few minutes ago when I told him to go lie down after he'd been begging at the edge of the kitchen for a couple hours.

IMG_7804.jpg

I don't want to jump to conclusions, and I won't. However, I'm not the naive person I was back in December of last year when Wilbur broke his leg. I was thrilled then that it was JUST a broken leg, and it would heal right up. Sheesh! How dumb was that!

WHAT a HANDSOME BOY!

hope.gifcandle.gif Larry kiss1.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh man! Sending good thoughts and prayers for Larry.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Houndie

IMG_7804.jpg

Thank you so much for the picture of that handsome, sweet boy. That face would sure make it hard to deny treats or cooking samples!

You both have my prayers and good thoughts that this time, it really will be something minor.

Lots of prayers for Larry.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Keeping Larry in my thoughts.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, please give that boy a biskie! Love his face - stink eye or not! Sending buckets of prayers - it's just gotta be arthritis!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead