Sugar

brandimom

My friend, Karin, has two greyhounds, Shooter and Sugar. Sugar's coat is like rabbit fur. She is white with black ticking and freckles on her ears. I never asked Karin the age of Sugar but I am guessing under 5 y.o. Karin has only had Sugar for about 1 1/2 years but it has been a great life for Sugar. Spoiled rotten as she should be. She was diagnosed with bone cancer and Sugar is in a lot of pain even with the morphine. Tomorrow she will let her go the bridge. Please say a prayer for Karin that she has the strength she will need. Pray that Sugar's journey to the bridge is a peaceful one. Godspeed Sugar and may the wind always be at your backweep.gifghrun.gif

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I read this over and over before I took Outlaw in :(:weep

Beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest... and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my life was always safest in your hands.

That last part gave me strength, for you do the best you can and everything you can. Your beloved friend knows that and can feel it. I know Outlaw did. My thoughts will be with Sugar and your friend Karin tomorrow :candle

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

Let your friend know there are many here who will mourn her loss of Sugar, far too young.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

weep.gif Beautifully written, Brandimom. My heart is breaking, such a young baby. "Remembering someone is a way of keeping them with us, even when they are not." I hope that Karin can find some comfort in that. Godspeed Sugar.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I read this over and over before I took Outlaw in sad.gifweep.gif

Beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest... and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my life was always safest in your hands.

That last part gave me strength, for you do the best you can and everything you can. Your beloved friend knows that and can feel it. I know Outlaw did. My thoughts will be with Sugar and your friend Karin tomorrow candle.gif

Thank you. I will share this with her.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

My sympathies to all who know and love Sugar.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest PiagetsMom

Prayers for Karen for courage and strength to see her through tomorrow......and prayers that Sugar's passing will be a peaceful one. :grouphug

Guest jettcricket

And yet another precious hound being taken by that monster and so young. We lost our first greyhound, Chance, at the tender age of 5 as well. sad.gif

I'm so sorry.....wishing Sugar a safe and easy travel to the Bridge. flowers_yellow.gif