Grain Free

Guest Greytluv

Guest Greytluv

Isn't there a grain free food that is available at some of the Costcos? Does anyone have any info on it or know the name? Thanks :)

Mine do well with it too. I mix it with the kirkland chicken as it helped to firm them up.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Is it made by Kirkland or is it just a brand they carry? Sounds very interesting since I've got all mine on grain free now.

ETA: Ok, I just saw the answer to my question and will check the website. :blush

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest tinams8

Really??? :eek I never even look in the dog food section at Costco. I love the price compared to Before Grain, that's for sure! Wow, that's definitely the most exciting thing I have heard all day! :lol

I hate switching foods, but it would be worth it financially if she can tolerate it. Thanks for the info!

Just be aware that of the first 6 ingredients of Nature's Domain, only one is a meat protein. That's something that matters to some people (it doesn't matter to others.....I'm just pointing it out in case it matters to you). As someone said in this thread, you get what you pay for.....and it looks like you're paying for a lot of potatoes.

Nature's Domain:

Salmon meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, canola oil, potato protein, potato fiber, natural flavor, flaxseed, ocean fish meal, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Taste of the Wild Pacific Stream (in comparison):

Salmon, ocean fish meal, sweet potatoes, potatoes, canola oil, salmon meal, smoked salmon, potato fiber, natural flavor, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, dried fermentation products of Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin (vitamin B2), vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Greytluv

Thanks for all the replies. I'll check my Costco and see when/if they carry it.

I feed Core now and not sure I want to switch. I'll just take a second out on my house :lol

We are using it and liking it a lot. Everyone seems to have good energy and it digests well from what I can see.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest tinams8

I called Costco and they don't carry it in any of the Connecticut stores or Springfield, MA. :weep

I'm going to put it in the suggestion box next time I go.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll check my Costco and see when/if they carry it.

I feed Core now and not sure I want to switch. I'll just take a second out on my house :lol

Please post here if you find it at your store. I was just at the Costco in Van Nuys and they didn't have it. I haven't seen it in the Burbank or Los Feliz stores either. Maybe if we get a SoCal contingency asking for it they will start carrying it!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

They just started carrying here a few weeks ago. Kayla loves it (as does everyone else) and is doing great on it. Soft fur, good poops and everything else. Hopefully, if it sells well in their test markets, they'll expand the areas where they sell it. I should be helping in that area, as I buy 3 or 4 bags at a time, and talk it up to any customer in Costco that gives me a chance.

Gee is on grain free also as she seems to have allergies to most everything else. We have to use TOTW. I'm waiting for our Costco to carry the grain free and will try it when they do.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

They just started carrying here a few weeks ago. Kayla loves it (as does everyone else) and is doing great on it. Soft fur, good poops and everything else. Hopefully, if it sells well in their test markets, they'll expand the areas where they sell it. I should be helping in that area, as I buy 3 or 4 bags at a time, and talk it up to any customer in Costco that gives me a chance.

What state are you in? When I inquired about it in January they said it's not available on the East Coast, I hope that will change. If my Costco gets it, I would definitely buy it.

Nancy with Rocket, Umeko and Sasha

gallery_151_3099_2018.jpg

Missing Albi, Kassie, Ramm, Ruby, my good boy Marvin and Mickey (BT)

NANCY B'S COLLARS

It has fairly recently made its way to cincinnati. I haven't tried it but a friend of mine has been using with great success.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest mountain4greys

I heard they have it at the Frederick, MD Costco. They didn't have it yet at the Winchester, VA Costco yet. Can't wait to get some though. I'll probably mix it with the Kirkland I'm feeding now.

We buy it when we travel to MI. Sterling Heights and a few other SE MI stores carry it. Protein level is good- Perry loves it and has had no digestive problems. When we ran out of the Costco brand, we tried TOTW Pacific Stream, and his gas pains and bloating were so bad, I had to get the Costco brand ASAP!

I'm glad to hear it is in Cinci! We may have to drive up there, if we run out again.

I cannot say enough good things about this food :colgate

Kathryn, “Broadway” BW’s Broadway: Shaggy Bessie x Jimbo Red Rose, & "Ellie" Noah's Smelldog: Castor Troy x Mulberry Jade. My Angels "Sidney" Rainier Rapper: Rainier Ranger x Rainier Rapport (09/03/2001-2/26/2012); "Pistol" Tiowa Pistol: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-8/02/2011); “Perry" Tiowa Perry: Rapido Rambo x My Roz (11/19/1998-6/09/2010); "Jackie" Mjp's Jackie: Joey Flint x Social Robin (6/12/1997-6/20/2008)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nuri

so, i'm in the process of switching my dude to nature's domain. he's been on a very grainy (heavy on the corn) food for over a year... it was the only food that his picky self would eat and not end up with pudding poop! :rolleyes: so, if he was maintaining his weight with 4 cups/day on the grainy stuff, will he need more of the grain-free food to keep the pounds on?

I sent an email to the company that makes Nature's Domain inquiring why not all Costcos carry this dog food. Here is the replay I received from them:

"Nature’s Domain dog food was launched by Costco as a test in limited markets. Costco will be determining when and where to add this food to their buildings. Since they don't always relay to us where it will be sold, we suggest that you contact Costco's corporate office to find out the location closest to you where they are selling it. The corporate office is usually who will know about a national roll-out such as this.

If you would like for them to stock it at your local store, please feel free to contact Costco through their website and request that they bring this food to your local Costco warehouse. You might also want to turn in a request when you are at Costco doing your shopping.

Costco is very responsive to member requests. The more members take the time to contact Costco, the more likely you will see the food in your local building.

Sincerely,

Melissa Brookshire, DVM"

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

I sent an email to the company that makes Nature's Domain inquiring why not all Costcos carry this dog food. Here is the replay I received from them:

"Nature’s Domain dog food was launched by Costco as a test in limited markets. Costco will be determining when and where to add this food to their buildings. Since they don't always relay to us where it will be sold, we suggest that you contact Costco's corporate office to find out the location closest to you where they are selling it. The corporate office is usually who will know about a national roll-out such as this.

If you would like for them to stock it at your local store, please feel free to contact Costco through their website and request that they bring this food to your local Costco warehouse. You might also want to turn in a request when you are at Costco doing your shopping.

Costco is very responsive to member requests. The more members take the time to contact Costco, the more likely you will see the food in your local building.

Sincerely,

Melissa Brookshire, DVM"

Greg

Thanks for this info. My local Costco doesn't carry it, so they're about to hear from me making a request.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest nuri

hopefully, they will carry it for you! we are on day three and nuri LOVES it! he is super picky, but is devouring it up. i've been doing the gradual switch from his old food, and it is going incredibly well! his stomach is handling it so well!! i think we'll be transitioning much quicker than i thought...we're gonna have a ton of the old, grainy stuff left over! i'm thrilled that he can finally tolerate (and love) a food that is so much better for him!!! :yay

Guest zoolaine

I just sent Costco an email asking about this product. Every time I go to Costco I have to cruise the dog section to see if it is there yet.