My Tribute To Monarch...

Guest littlesyd85

Guest littlesyd85

My precious Monarch crossed the rainbow bridge on February 19, 2010 at the young age of 8. I made the decision to get a tattoo so I will always have a reminder of her. So today I went and got that tattoo. It is a monarch butterfly with her tattoo numbers above it. Now every time I look at it I will think of her sweet face.

Syd5.jpg

Oh and just FYI about her tattoo numbers... She and her littermates were tattooed wrong with the 501 instead of 51. That is why it is 501 because that is how it was on her.

Thanks Chris McNeill at Rebel City Tattoo in Cleveland, Ohio! If you live in the Cleveland area and you want a tattoo go to him! He is awesome and knows a lot about tattooing and can give great advice!

I'm so sorry about Monarch. This came out greyt, what a nice tribute to your girl. I really like the style of the numbers, too. Chris does good work. I'm glad that you're happy with your design!

I have all of my kids' tats underneath a running gh on my back.

(edited to correct spelling.)

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry about Monarch. I didn't know; it must've happened while I was gone :(. The tattoo is beautiful and is a wonderful tribute.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest budsmom

Very nice! Is that the top of your foot? Did it hurt there? I would like to have one done in that spot, but I'm a HUGE wimp and everyone says that it hurts really bad on your foot.

What a wonderful tribute to your beloved Monarch! He does great work.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest littlesyd85

Very nice! Is that the top of your foot? Did it hurt there? I would like to have one done in that spot, but I'm a HUGE wimp and everyone says that it hurts really bad on your foot.

Yes it hurt! I am a wimp too though... But if you really think about it, a tattoo will hurt wherever you get it. I have another small one on my back that I got a few years ago. It hurt too. I think if you want to get a tattoo you should ask around for someone who has a "light hand" while tattooing. Some artists have a heavier hand which can hurt a little worse. Also depending on the size it really doesn't take that long. This took about 15 or 20 minutes. So while it hurt, it was a short amount of time that it hurt. Once you are done it really doesn't hurt anymore. When talking to the tattoo artist which has tattoos all over him, he said that the place that hurt the worst was his wrist. The other tattoo artist that was there agreed.

That is a beautiful remembrance for your girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.