Bear.....my Lost Foster Dog

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

It was 2 years ago today that my sweet foster dog, Bear, got loose from a volunteer while being transported to his new home. We searched tirelessly for months but we were never able to capture him. I think of him every day and still feel that there must have been more that I could have/should have done. I miss him terribly and can only hope and pray that someone was able to capture him and he is living a good life with them. My eyes are filled with tears as I write this….the pain just never seems to go away.

I miss you Bear…….

Michelle, I can't believe it's been 2 years! I was driving through Easthampton and Southampton over the weekend and thought of Bear as I passed one of the areas that we flyered. So sad that he wasn't found. I'll be thinking of you... :grouphug

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

grouphug.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

There are some lost dogs searches that are hard to forget and Bear's was one of them. My heart goes out to you at not having any word of him.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest TahoeMom

Losing a pup in this way is so much harder than watching him die. Not knowing what happened to Bear leaves too much to the imagination. I'm sad that after 2 years you still feel this pain. For all you know, Bear was found by someone who did not try to find his owner, because he was obviously a healthy dog that was lost. I pray that you choose to believe that Bear was found and now is thriving, thanks to the wonderful start that you provided him. Remember, dogs don't hold grudges; only people do.

I'm so sorry. grouphug.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.