My Big Boy Died Today

Guest got2now

Guest got2now

My big guy is freaking out...he's laying on his side, and he won't get up. His mouth is really foamy. He's been dry-heaving and the freaking out thing is what he's doing with his mouth. It's like he's snapping at flies. He just cranes his head back and gags, but there's nothing that I can see he's choking on. I was going to make him vomit, but he won't get up and weighs almost 80lbs. He ate a little while ago but isn't throwing anything up - maybe he threw up when I let him out after he ate.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest got2now

Accidentally hit the send button on a thread I wrote earlier and didn't send. My big boy died earlier today. We rushed him to the e-vet who was no help at all. I asked him why he died and he didn't know. This is so so sad. Why did it happen? He was fine and then he was gone. I loved him so much.

Edited by got2now

Is he having a seizure?

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest greybookends

I am so sorry. Sounds like he may have had some kind of a massive seizure or stroke. The only way to know for sure is an autopsy but that will not bring him back just maybe answer some questions for you. It is so hard to lose one so suddenly with no warning. :grouphug

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Edited by greybookends

Guest got2now

He was laying on his side, foaming at the mouth and having dry heaves. He kept choking up saliva. He eats a lot of things he shouldn't so I thought he had done that and was just throwing it up.

I'm so sorry... :( It sounds like he had a seizure, how old was he? Hugs to you...

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest got2now

he was just the sweetest dog. He always did what we wanted him to and learned so quickly. He went to the bathroom in the house one time when we first got him and that was it. He counter surfed a couple of times and then stopped. he had the softest fur and he adored our other grey, could not be away from her.

He was just 5 years old.

Guest got2now

I never knew he had any problems, even though I took him to the vet a lot. When we first got him 3 years ago, he would eat things like shoes, and we'd take him to the vet or the evet to have them induce vomitting.

Guest Energy11

Soooo sorry to hear of your loss!

Yes, it does sound like a massive seizure, from your description, or sudden cardiac arrest. One of my best friends lost his six-yr-old grey girl to sudden cardiac arrest.

Sending you all the love, hugs and prayers we can! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari!

flowers_red.gifrungrey.gif

oh, how awful :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I'm so terribly sorry :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.