My Big Boy Died Today

Guest got2now

What an awful thing to happen! I am so very, very sorry. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sorry that you lost your big boy. I have lost dogs to a very swift, sudden illness (one died in my arms 20 minutes after a sudden massive stroke) and after a prolonged major illness (months of home cooking, meds and sub-Q fluids for chronic renal failure before she told me she was ready to leave.) None quite as young as yours. I don't know which way is harder.

I am so sorry for your loss. It is so traumatic to lose a beloved pet right in front of your eyes. We lost one of our Persian cats this way. She had a massive stroke. It sounds just like what you experienced. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

Guest got2now

The kind condolences here have been so comforting. I don't want to leave that place in the living room where he died. The extra dog bed is so sad to see - we have two of everything. My greygirl keeps expecting and looking for him. He just loved her so much,couldn't stand to be seperated from her. A friend of mine has a sister who is professor at a vet school, and after describing what happened, she reminded my friend that a similar thing had happened to one of her greys. All the symptoms were the same when hers died from a blood clot to the lungs. Thank heavens he wasn't alone when he died and thank heavens I didn't realize at the time that he couldn't breathe. I'm glad that I spent so much time with him this morning, walking him and giving him a bath, scratching his ears. He will be so missed. He was so young and so healthy. Sweet, eager to please boy. I love you big dog.

I am so very very Sorry.... So Young and so very Tragic..... :grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so very sorry for your sudden loss. :grouphug I can't begin to imagine how heart breaking that would be. :(

Godspeed, sweet boy... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Way too young and way too sudden.

Run free sweet boy

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy...may he run free with all the others at the bridge, he is waiting for you...

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

I am so sorry for the loss of your big, sweet boy.

Our italian greyhound passed away in a very similar manner...a sudden, massive seizure.

It's so terrifying and heartbreaking.

:grouphug:f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest Adrianne

I am very, very sorry for your loss. Even when you do know what exactly took their life, the question of why isn't fully answered. Why do these gentle souls ever have to leave us? flowers_white.gif