Guy, Aka, Fuzzy Man Has Osteo ... (Update Post One)

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

UPDATE 3/17:

I talked to Lynette for an hour last night, and she decided it was "time." He rallied a bit over the weekend, and ate a few times, but since Sat., he'd stopped eating all together, and he was steadily losing weight. His muscles were wasting, and she was afraid he might break the bad leg. Ron said his "goodbyes," before going to work. Lynette will write a memorial piece when she is able.

Guy didn't want to leave her. Here is what she wrote.

I sent him to the bridge tonight. Guy was completely stressed out and scared. He just did not want to leave me. He was standing when they gave him the final dose and I slide down the wall with him. I am glad Ron was not there I think it would be to much for him. Guy still looked very good but what was going on inside him scares me. I will miss my happy go lucky boy! I placed the collar and lead on the dog bed and the girls came up to sniff it. The seemed to be OK,unlike me! Lynette & furkids

God Speed Guy, aka, Fuzzy Man.

candle.gifhope.gif UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Lynette. Firstly, she thanks all of you for your posts, support, and prayers! Guy FINALLY ate scrambled eggs and chicken broth tonight. He hasn't eaten in a few days :-( She also just noticed "golf ball sized" lumps on his front legs near the joints. This stuff is moving FAST! Guy had his Tramadol, and is roaching. Lynnette and Ron work off schedules from eachother, so, tomorrow (Sunday), maybe the day to send Guy to The Bridge. According to Lynette, he is declining rapidly, but, he is the kind of boy, who will keep pushing, no matter how much pain he is in, so this is a HARD decision for them! She also wants to thank you for your kind thoughts for Ron. He had a tumor removed on Friday and they are waiting for the results regarding that, as well. TOO much on their plates right now.

Thank you for all your continuing good thoughts and prayers for this family! They are VERY good people.

My friend, Lynette, and her DH, Ron, asked me to post this for them.

Their 11.5 yr.old greyhound, Guy, aka, "Fuzzy Man," was officially diagnosed with Osteo of the rear leg today. In addition to the obvious tumor that sprung up almost overnight, the x-rays also founds many "smaller tumors," throughout his chest. weep.gif

Guy just attended Sandy Paws, 2010 with his mom and Dad, and his three sisters. He had time for long walks on the beach. He was able to spend time, and get undivided attention from his parents, Lynette and Ron, he had a wonderful time!

Guy is one of my favorites! He is a big clown! Everyone loves this big, happy-go-lucky fuzzy dark brindle boy! He has made wonderful and lasting impressions on every human and hound he has met! wub.gif

Today, wasn't the day for Guy to be sent to The Bridge. Daddy Ron had out patient exploratory surgery this morning, and Guy was diagnosed this afternoon. He is home with his family for a few more days, on plenty of meds. He was roaching when I talked to them earlier!

Please send your prayers and warm thoughts to this family. Guy will be going to The Bridge soon. Thanks again for caring! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari. candle.gifhope.gif

Edited by Energy11

Aww Guy, warm, gentle hugs for you and your family. My Tanner is a newbie at the bridge too and he'll need a friend. You can learn together when its your time....

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Hugs for Guy and his family. I'm glad they got to enjoy Sandy Paws together.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest bluefawn

Hi All!

Their 11.5 yr.old greyhound, Guy, aka, "Fuzzy Man," was officially diagnosed with Osteo of the rear leg today. In addition to the obvious tumor what sprung up almost overnight, the x-rays also founds many "smaller tumors," throughout his chest. weep.gif

Guy just attended Sandy Paws, 2010 with his mom and Dad, and his three sisters. He had time for long walks on the beach. He was able to spend time, and get undivided attention from his parents, Lynette and Ron, he had a wonderful time!

Guy is one of my favorites! He is a big clown! Everyone loves this big, happy-go-lucky fuzzy dark brindle boy! He has made wonderful and lasting impressions on every human and hound he has met! wub.gif

Today, wasn't the day for Guy to be sent to The Bridge. Daddy Ron had out patient exploratory surgery this morning, and Guy was diagnosed this afternoon. He is home with his family for a few more days, on plenty of meds. He was roaching when I talked to them earlier!

Please send your prayers and warm thoughts to this family. Guy will be going to The Bridge soon. Thanks again for caring! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee and Cari. candle.gifhope.gif

Oh no Dee! Lynette and Ron have been through enough already!! OS sucks!! Please give them my heartfelt prayers hope.gif. I hate to see this happen.... AGAIN! They are the SWEETEST people with the BIGGEST HEARTS! candle.gif

Karen

Guest Energy11

Hi All!

Their 11.5 yr.old greyhound, Guy, aka, "Fuzzy Man," was officially diagnosed with Osteo of the rear leg today. In addition to the obvious tumor what sprung up almost overnight, the x-rays also founds many "smaller tumors," throughout his chest. weep.gif

Oh no Dee! Lynette and Ron have been through enough already!! OS sucks!! Please give them my heartfelt prayers hope.gif. I hate to see this happen.... AGAIN! They are the SWEETEST people with the BIGGEST HEARTS! candle.gif

Karen

Yes, Karen, they are good people for sure!

Another beautiful pup lost to this horrible disease. Guy is in our thoughts along with his family.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so sorry. Please pass on my regards and spoil that boy to no end!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GryffinSong

I'm so very, very sorry that yet another of these sweet dogs is struggling with osteo. Hugs to all concerned!!!

Guest jenznaz

I'm so, so sorry. At least they'll have a couple more days to spoil and love him. He knows how very much he was wanted and loved.

Guest MyCody

Please tell them how sorry we are to hear another is being lost to this dreaded diagnosis. I know it just knocks the breath right out of you when you hear it.

Terry

Oh, the precious boy...I'm so sorry. Though bittersweet, they will have those memories of a wonderful Sandy Paws to cherish.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Energy11

Lynette, Ron and Guy, just wanted to say, all of us here will be with you in spirit today!

Love and hugs! Dee, John, and The Five grouphug.gif

Guest greytbookert

I'm so sorry for Guy and your friends, it just isn't fair that the evil cancer is striking yet another beloved hound.