Ady Bea Passed!

Guest eaglflyt

Guest eaglflyt

My husband and I tested tonight (each as handlers) with Ady Bea for TDI Therapy Dog Certification and Canine Good Citizen. Ady Bea passed with flying colors!!!!

We've been working toward this for a long time and our sweet girl did GREAT!

Once all the paperwork gets completed, we'll be ready to get to work and let her share her calm, comforting, and loving self with a larger audience. :):wub::yay :yay :yay

Shelly happy dancin' with Ady Bea in OK

Hey, don't sell the people short -- mom and dad passed, too!

Congratulations to the whole family!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Jubilee251

Congratulations, that's fantastic! Go Ady Bea!

Just curious - does she sit and did she have to do it as part of the test? I know some greyhounds are not great at sitting or aren't comfortable sitting because of their body type.

Edited by Jubilee251

Fantastic! Way to go Ady Bea (and her humans, too)!

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

Guest eaglflyt

Thanks so much everyone! :)

Congratulations, that's fantastic! Go Ady Bea!

Just curious - does she sit and did she have to do it as part of the test? I know some greyhounds are not great at sitting or aren't comfortable sitting because of their body type.

Yes, Ady Bea does sit. She isn't a true *natural sitter*, but she was easy to teach. No, she wasn't required to sit during the testing, however we did sit her several times. For TDI testing, greyhounds are not required to sit. When it comes to the held stay, you can choose either a sit-stay or a down-stay. We chose the down-stay at that point in the testing (both my husband and I) because it's not as easy to move from a down-stay as it is a sit-stay ... and Ady Bea has a near bomb proof down-stay. Her sit-stay is great, too, but her down-stay is almost unbreakable and just a tad better than her sit-stay in distractions.

I do think she got bonus points in her testing for kissing the folks in the wheel chair and walker so many times! They did ask for it. ;) She also endeared herself to the little 3 year old boy that was there. She was sitting and he walked up to her ... they were exactly at eye level with each other. You could tell they both loved each other! The little guy said, *the big black dog is happy and just my size*. :wub:

confetti.gifclap.gif Way to go, Ady Bea! And her handlers, too! You will find your work truly rewarding. Pal and Segugio are both Delta-registered, and it is a wonderful responsibility. Your hearts will sing with the joy your visits bring to everyone you meet. confetti.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.