Rip Maris & Yogi 12/27/2009

Guest goofydog

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish to extend my heartfelt condolences to Maris and Yogi’s Mom on the senseless loss of her pups. Please allow the pain and horror of this unimaginable tragedy to be relieved as swiftly as possible and be replaced with sweet memories.

This tragedy is compounded by the imminent deaths of two other lives – the dogs in her care – all because of the arrogance of this woman. She knowingly made her decision contrary to the stated instructions of the owner of the Pit Bulls and against all common sense.

It is a small mercy the owner and pet sitter are covering the financial aspects. The best possible outcome of this heartbreaking experience would be for the owner of Maris and Yogi and the owner of the Pit Bulls to take legal action against this woman. She should never again be allowed to have any living creature in her care.

Run free at the bridge, Maris and Yogi

Run free at the bridge, Pit Bull pups

Guest greybookends

I am saddened by the loss of these precious souls and words escape me. I see many have lots to say however, but this is not the place for them. Some of the words that have been posted whether or not we agree with them can get a remembrance thread locked and that would also be truly sad.

Please convey my deepest sympathies to Maris and Yogi's mom. I cannot even fathom the heartbreak and pain she is enduring having witnessed this tragic loss of her dear hounds lives. Please let her know that she is in my thoughts.

Rest in peace sweet beautiful souls, Maris & Yogi.

Guest greytbookert

How horrible! I'm so sorry! I can't imagine the pain, anger, sadness, etc.

Run free sweet babies!

Edited by greytbookert

Guest goofydog

I have sent Lisa a link to come and read all of your messages when she is ready. I'm sure she will deeply appreciate all of your prayers, as I do. GT is a great source of comfort to so many in their time of need and I'm glad Lisa will know how deeply Maris and Yogi are loved and missed by a community that never had the opportunity to meet them and understand what wonderful companions they were. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

How tragic and heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your loss of your babies.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Guest Ohiogreymom

Lisa, my heart is breaking for you. :weep Nothing they do can make up for the loss of your 2 pups, but hopefully, in time, you'll be able to love 2 more pups needing a home, and only have the wonderful memories of your other 2, rather than the nightmare you're living thru now. :hope I'm SO very sorry! :weep:bighug Run free Maris and Yogi... :gh_run:gh_run:f_white:f_white Darlene

Guest mcsheltie

I read about this tragedy soon after it was posted. I haven't been able to reply because my mind shuts off when I try to think about this. It is incomprehensible.

Lisa, I am so sorry. I hope you will join GT. Whatever you need, whether it is to vent or grieve, we are all here for you.

Guest ishapespace

That is terrible! I am glad the owner is taking responsibilty, but it should have never been allowed to happen. I hope they keep their end of the deal. I cannot imagine what Lisa went through. So very sorry for the horrific loss. So sorry.

Edited by ishapespace

Guest lynne893

What a horrible tragedy. My heart breaks for Maris and Yogi and for the owners.

I do feel a need to speak up for the pet sitter and offer the thought that the pit bulls may have escaped accidentally. They're big strong dogs and they may have shoved their way around the sitter when she opened the door. I am not defending her, just offering a possible explanation since the owner made himself so clear.

It's tragic no matter how you slice or dice it.

I am so sorry.

Maris and Yogi you are in our hearts!!!

Heartbreakingly sad....... :(

Poor, poor darlings to have died in such a brutal way.

It is unbearable to think of it.....let alone witness it.....Sending our deepest sympathy for Maris & Yogi's owner.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

What an absolute nightmare and tragedy. I am so sorry for the losses of Maris and Yogi.

:hope:grouphug:f_red :f_red

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I have come back to this thread a few times now and it makes me so sad that I have walked away from the computer and could not respond. I can only offer my sincerest sympathy and pray that Maris & Yogi's souls are @ peace now and that their suffering was minimal. Please know that you have been in my prayers since the 1st day that this thread was opened, God Bless.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

I have not been bale to post yet.... I just can't find the words this is just so very sad....... I am very happy that the owner has came forward but the lady asking her to save the two babies... I am sorry but I would have said the same 4 babies died and she has to carry the guilt..... So very very Sad....... I can't stop the ters for these two babies....Hugs to you Toni and the owner.....May these two babies RIP......

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

One of the saddest things I have ever read.I cannot begin to imagine the grief and horror their mom must be feeling. Lisa, please accept my sincerest condolences on your loss. I hope that one day the memories of the happy times you had together will replace the memory of how you lost them... :f_pink :f_pink

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Run free, sweet pups... all 4 of you are pain-free now,

gentle hugs to Lisa, and all who knew/loved these poor dogs. :bighug

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Guest houndstooth4

I can't even imagine how horrific this must have been. I am so terribly sorry for your loss! Not just the loss of Yogi and Maris, but the loss of feeling safe in your own home and yard. My heart goes out to their owner!