Poppi (Shelbourne Lady)

Guest myIrishlass

Guest myIrishlass

I had to let her go today -- I am overcome with grief. Cushings was just too much for her. My Christmas gift to her was to release her from her body. But when will I stop crying? When will the emptiness lessen? My Poppi, my poppet, I long so much to pet your soft fur, to cuddle with you on the floor, to kiss your beautiful needle-nose! It hasn't even been three hours since you left, yet I have cried so much my chest aches. Please forgive me, my girl. I tried all I could to make you better. I'm so sorry.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry.

Godspeed, beloved girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. You did all you could for your sweet baby. She loved you and knows she was loved as well. Godspeed Poppi, you were loved so very much.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Poppi.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

My heart is breaking for you. grouphug.gif She was so blessed to have a Mom who loved her so much that you took her pain onto yourself because of your love for her. And oh_ I realize I can only imagine what a blessing she was to you when she was here. But, she will always be with you. You can never lose so strong a love. "What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."-Helen Keller

My deepest sympathy.flowers_red.gif

For love is as strong as death….

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

Edited by racindog

Guest argolola

For love is as strong as death….

Many waters cannot quench love,

Nor can the floods drown it.

Song of Solomon 8:6-7

What a beautiful verse.

My heart is breaking for you, but you did what was best for your little Christmas angel. You will be in my prayers. I'm so sorry.

I am so very sorry. I lost my little Misty due to Cushings, so I know the battle you both braved. Your little girl knows how very much she is loved.

God speed baby girl, run with all our Angels knowing how very much you are loved and will be missed.

I will look for your star in the heavens tonight as I am sure it will shine the brightest.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so very sorry. My heart aches for you.

I spent part of Christmas day emptying out my desk file cabinet and I came across this. It is from the Memorial at GIG.

Your Pets in Heaven

by Ken D. Conover

To have loved and them said farewell, is better than to have never loved at all. For all of the times that you may have stopped and touched my head, fed me my favorite treat and returned the loved that I so unconditionally gave to you. For the care that you gave to me unselfishly. For all of these things I am grateful and am thankful.

I ask that you not grieve for the loss, but rejoice in the face that we lived, loved and touched each others lives. My life was fuller becasue you were there, not as a master/owner but as my friend.

Today I am as I was in my youth. The grass is always green, butterflied flit amoung the flowers and the sun shines gently down upon all of God's creatures. I can run, jump, play and do all of the things that I did in my youth. THere is no sickness, no aching joints and no regeres and no aging.

We await the arrival of our lifelong companions and know that togetherness is forever. You live in our hearts as we do in yours. Companions shuch as you are so rare and unique. Don't hold the love that you have within yourself. Gve it to another like me and then I will live forever. For love never really dies, and you are loved and missed as surely as we are.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry....it doesn't matter if it's Christmas Day or just another Friday, it still hurts just the same. :grouphug to you. Rest well sweet Poppi.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)