Cora-Bird Has Crossed The Bridge.

Guest Josquin

Guest Josquin

sunqueen.jpg

This morning we said goodbye to our beloved Cora. In June she was diagnosed with osteosarcoma. At the time, we thought we'd be lucky to have a couple of months to say goodbye. She gave us nearly six, and we made the most of them. I'm sorry more of you didn't know her. She was a special girl, and you couldn't help but fall for her. Thanks to all who did know her, for the kind words, and the love you've shown to us and our sweet girl. Today is the very worst sort of day. How does anyone get over this?

Blessings,

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to you.

I'm not sure you do get over it, really. Just, some far away day, the sorrow is overshadowed by happier memories.

Godspeed, beautiful girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry, she was beautiful.

Run free sweet one, run free..

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

My heart is broken as well. I loved "my" sweet goofy Blinky Cora-birdie as if she were my own. Mark and Jen, I am so so sorry this day had to come so soon.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I'm so sorry to hear that Cora is gone, but glad you were able to steal some extra time with her. She is just lovely. I don't know how you get over it, I guess just take it day by day. It's never easy when they leave us.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I'm very sorry. We never get over it, we learn to live with it. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Just wanted to add a warm thought-- of how many other beloved pets' lives your precious and lovely Cora has saved by being a blood donor for several years.

I hope that memory (along with many many others) is at least a tiny consolation in this time of grief.

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I am sorry for your loss. She is beautiful.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was a beauty. Godspeed, sweet angel.

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Many hugs to you during this difficult time....

That is a fantastic picture!

:bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest dobiegrey

I am so very sorry for you loss, as for getting over it, you never really get over it, but with time you get use to it and it doesn't feel so raw and painful. God Bless and be gentle with yourself.

Lou

Guest Energy11

We are so sorry for your loss. Cora is now running free, without pain, with all of the other Bridge Angels!

I lost one to OS, so far ... Max, JB's Expeditor ... at 12. He had three good months with us after his diagnosis, God rest his soul!

God Speed Cora-Bird! Love, Dee, My five, and our special "Angels ... " waiting at The Bridge. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Cora.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest mcsheltie

I am so sorry. Cora had a special, regal kind of beauty. You don't get over loosing a part of your heart. But in time when you think of her the first thing that will pop into your head will be the special things and the good memories you shared with her. And the grief will begin to take a backseat.

I am hoping that time will come quickly for you.

Guest Whistle

Cora was a beautiful girl - I am so sorry. We just went through this on 11/6, and it is still very raw. The best advice I have been given is to just put one foot in front of the other.