What Do I Do Now?

Guest mbarson

Guest mbarson

I've just lost my third Greyhound, Maggie, and now we are left Greytless. We already have another 7 dogs in our household and we both think it is about time (we're both oldies and retired pensioners) that we should'nt get another dog. If another Maggie should come along, there is no doubt that we would take him/her in to give lots of loving to. Am I still a member of Greytalk without a Greyhound? We just love reading all the topics and shed the tears for those who have crossed the Bridge and laugh at all the funny and stupid things that Grets get up to, we've seen it all with our greyts, sickness, broken bones, jealousy, moping and death. My calendars have pictures of Greyhounds and my wife has Borzoi in hers, the Whippets only have themselves to be loved. What a lovely bunch of canines to feed, walk, cleanup after them and love them for all ths bad things they are likely to get up to when we are not around. Mom, please let me get another Greyhound!!

You don't have to own one or be owned by a greyhound, anyone can be a member. You'd better not leave. We'll come after you! I am so sorry for your loss, but it sounds like ya'll have a lot of love to give to the other pups. Believe me when I say, Maggie left the door open for another greyhound to come to your home.

Although I don't post much I am an avid fan of Greytalk and I have never owned a greyhound (I did do a pickup, brief foster and transport of a pup from our SPCA to a rescue group in Ontario many years ago) - and I am sure I am not alone in my greyhoundless status

If another Greyhound is destined to come into you home it will happen

Thank you for all you did for Maggie

Pam

I am so sorry. :candle Godspeed Maggie :gh_run run with all the angels.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm sorry for your loss, but please stay on Greytalk. Your love of greyhounds is all you need to belong here.

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I'm sorry your girl had to leave.

Godspeed, sweetie.

P.S. Many members here don't have greyhounds.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry she had to leave you.... But don't leave GT! I lost my grey, Cody, almost 5 years ago & I'm still here! (Once in the cult, always in the cult! Um... I mean... GROUP!)

Edited by ozgirl2

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

So deeply sorry for your loss.........you should stay though.....

I'm sure your wealth of advice and experience could help others in need

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest BoogieDown

It says in the banner right across the top "Are you a Greyhound Lover?". And the answer to that question, in your case, is an ardent "yes!" You love the breed, and you have a wealth of knowledge to offer this community. And, who knows what the future holds...

Once a greyhound owner, always a greyhound owner, I say. We will never forget Maggie and how happy you made her! Please don't leave!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead