Tigger's Lymphoma Is Back

Guest houndhome

Guest houndhome

For those that have been following and sending such nice thoughts and comments, after being in remission since July, Tigger's lymphoma is back. He has an enlarged lymph node in his back leg, but just one leg, so it was caught early. This means his cancer has become resistant to the protocol he is on. The doctor switched him to a new chemo on Weds as well as put him back on the prednisone, and it looks like the enlargement is already gone. He now will take a pill just once every three weeks vice the injections or series of pills every week to two weeks, so even though he loves his oncologist and the staff, he won't have to see them so often. He doesn't seem to be having any side affects from this new pill either.

The resistance to the protocol is certainly not a good sign, but we'll just have to see how he does on the new chemo. In plus column, Tigger is still a healthy 10 year old that does not seem to be sick - lots of stamina, good appetite, happy attitude. What will happen will happen, but it is good that he feels goods.

I'm sorry to hear that it came back but delighted to hear that Tigger is good in himself. What more can we ask for? :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

For those that have been following and sending such nice thoughts and comments, after being in remission since July, Tigger's lymphoma is back. He has an enlarged lymph node in his back leg, but just one leg, so it was caught early. This means his cancer has become resistant to the protocol he is on. The doctor switched him to a new chemo on Weds as well as put him back on the prednisone, and it looks like the enlargement is already gone. He now will take a pill just once every three weeks vice the injections or series of pills every week to two weeks, so even though he loves his oncologist and the staff, he won't have to see them so often. He doesn't seem to be having any side affects from this new pill either.

The resistance to the protocol is certainly not a good sign, but we'll just have to see how he does on the new chemo. In plus column, Tigger is still a healthy 10 year old that does not seem to be sick - lots of stamina, good appetite, happy attitude. What will happen will happen, but it is good that he feels goods.

Prayers for Tigger. And bless you for having such a good attitude. so true, what will happen will happen....but in the meantime enjoy the journey. that's all we all have.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

I hope he continues to feel well for far, far longer than anyone expects. Sending lots of scritchies and prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry that the cancer is back. But you're right, quality time (and a positive attitude) is what it's all about. However long Tigger has with you---and it could be a long time---that boy knows he is loved.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest houndhome

Even better news, the previous treatment Tigger was on gave him really bad days on Friday and Saturday. While he was a bit more tired last night and this morning, he is back to himself now with no tummy upset and all of his energy back. He spent the day "helping" me finish a quilt I was working on (what is it with greyhound moms and quilting?), and we had a nice long walk with the pack this evening. He was really engaged and walked at a really good pace. Each day is special, and while we don't know what tomorrow may bring, I am thankful for today. Thanks again for all of the encouraging thoughts! Anne

Guest Energy11

I love that you are taking it day by day. That is ALL you can do! I did that, too, when my DH was dying of cancer. I did his total care, under the direction of Hospice, and it was good. He had some very good days at home with Energy and I.

Yes, each day is special, and I am happy Tigger is feeling good! Love, hugs and many prayers from us here!

Guest K9Cookies

We'll be thinking about Tigger and all of you. :goodluck Bonnie's lymphoma also did the same thing. Switching to a new protocol definitely can push the cancer back for another remission. We did this several times.

It's certainly a rollercoaster ride. Hang in there. Please keep us updated and let me know if I can help you somehow. :grouphug