Update, Post 30: Phene Has A Hard, Pea Size Lump On His Ribcage

robinw

Ah crap. I'm sorry to hear that you're having to worry about this again. But there are a lot of non-serious things it could be, so I'm keeping the "it's nothing" chant going. :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember that Elsie had mammary cancer. She had 6 tumors. One was rather large- all of a sudden. The large one was indeed cancer. But the cancer was removed, it was stage one and she had clean margins. It was a text book example of a good case, thank GOD.

So, it's not always a terrible outcome. Have it checked asap and if necessary removed. And Phene WILL be OK.

He will.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Is hair growing from it?? If so, that usually means it's not as scary a tumor, however, I would have it removed regardless---why worry about it--it's best to have it excised and have a path Dr examine it---maybe you can have his teeth scaled at the same time???

Big enough now for a needle biopsy?

i don't know. i can see it sticking out through his fur now, while last week I couldn't. back to the vet, i guess. this sucks :cry1

If it's still small, should be able to just snip it off under a local and send the snippee for biopsy.

Chances still are it's nothing, but if it's growing it would be best to get it off.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PawsDeDeux

Geez, Robin, I am just catching up with this. I'm so sorry for you and Phene

to be going through the stress of this. So hoping that all goes well... he is

such a sweetheart. And his eyesight... poor baby.... it's so good you discovered

it and know how to help by turning on a light for him. Give him some ear scritches

and a gentle hug from me, k?

Wait and find out what it is before you worry too much. Our Zippy, 11, had a small, hard lump in her groin a couple of years ago. It was cancer (cartilage cancer growing on a muscle, oddly enough), but it was removed without incident, and she has been fine for two years. Well, she also had a mast cell tumor removed from an elbow a little over a year ago, but that was different. She is still fine, and that's after 2 cancers were removed. So take heart. :grouphug

Edited by SusanP

Phenie is off to the vet this coming Saturday. Wish us luck!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Fingers and toes crossed for best luck for Phene! Will you give him a tummy rub for me? Phene :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sorry, I hadn't had a chance to post. The lump had indeed grown. When the vet stuck a needle in to aspirate it, he realized that it was a small hematoma. He drained it and took a look in the microscope. He said that he was pretty confident that it was all blood and that there was nothing to worry about, but he will send it out for analysis just to be safe. He's not worried, though, so neither am i :).

ETA: the bill was $51!! who ever heard of a $50 vet bill!!!! :yay i love this new vet clinic!

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Told ya! ;)

I just had a feeling! A good feeling. I am so happy for you!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Good news, on the lump and the bill both. :)