Iceman Is Home! 10/18

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update 10/17

Iceman is doing well, he is alert and walking outside to potty. They are going to keep him one more night. He hasn't eaten since Thursday night (he refused breakfast yesterday and the vet didn't want to feed him last night or this morning to give his tummy time to settle) so they are going to give him some water to see how he holds it down (he has been on IV fluids) and then give him some bland food and see how he does with it.

The vet redid his bloodwork and his liver values are still high, but MUCH better today. His Bilirubin is almost normal again so this is really really good news. She redid the ultrasound and still sees the "spots" on his liver but she isn't sure what it is and she isn't sure she wants to anesthetize him to biopsy since he is improving - it is possible it is just old man liver or hepatitis (how do dogs get hepatitis?) so we are going to continue watching him and decide if we want to biopsy.

I am VERY hopeful that I will have my old man home tomorrow. If he holds down his food and continues to improve, we will be snuggling tomorrow afternoon! :yay

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

That is wonderful news that he is doing so well that he may be coming home tomorrow! I will keep Iceman in my prayers.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Oh thank goodness. A good update! Come on Iceman, eat so you can come home tomorrow. I'm glad he's doing so well Alisha.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Good boy Iceman!!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest PhillyPups

:yay I was almost afraid to read the update. :yay

Can't wait for a snuggle update for HANDSOME ICEMAN :wub:

:hope :hope :hope

Edited by PhillyPups

Thanks for the update, A. "Old man liver"? Is that a song? A song so bad it makes you sick? :P

I'm still ASSUMING Iceman will be home snuggling with you tomorrow, and getting caught up on his meals happily.

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Been following this on here and FB- so happy he seems to be on the mend. Continued prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project