Woo Hoo

Trudy

Ryan has the liver and kidney values of a puppy (a healthy one :lol)

I do not have a copy of the results (hmm, now if only they had given me a copy 1.5 hours ago when I was there to ask for them...), but the fill in vet that called said everything was looking great except for his protein level.

What do you feed him?

- Solid Gold Mmillennia

Never heard of that - is it good?

- (never tried it myself, but my dogs don't complain lol) I said it is the only food on island he can eat, so it doesn't really matter, but yes, it is a good quality food.

He wanted to discuss diet to fix his protein level.

Yeah, not going to work. That tells me that his protein/creatine level is likely still pretty high. Oh well, he's doing fine and even growing hair now! He said he'd leave a message for Dr Angie to look at his records and the new blood work. I said please leave it for Dr Jeff as he's actually seen my dog and read through the file and knows the history (and I just plain don't like Dr Angie). Not sure it is worth a urine sample to check that level again - I already know it will be quite high, but there isn't a darn thing we can do about it.

But his kidney values are good, so we moved away from early kidney disease/failure values!

Vet that called wasn't willing to look through Ry's file without an exam! He said it was a pretty thick file (yeah, no crap, that's what happens when you have a very sick dog and nobody in the country can figure out why or what). Well, why the hell did I have to wait for you to call me with blood results? If you aren't going to compare it to the last set... why did I have to wait on you?

I like Dr Jeff, unfortunately, he doesn't wear the pants at that place, nor is he in town this week.

:yay:yay:yay

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

That is greyt news and very refreshing to read under H&M.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Big change from 2 years ago when we were looking at him not being with us that Christmas.

I emailed Jeff the other day and said he was looking less bad. Not good, but looking better than has been normal for him these last 2 years. It was like an overnight change too.

And then I noticed in the last few days new bright white patches of hair growing along his spine in spots and some of his thin spots on his sides filling in a little more (still very thin, but new hair).

He's still not up for a good long walk on a leash, but he's dragging less.

And last night, he pounced on his new toy (treat for going to the vet and being poked for blood) and ran upstairs with it to go to bed and grabbed him first thing when he woke up and brought him out to pee.

He's not going to be running for an hour plus like Jet was yesterday, but small improvements recently.

Now if he could just lose his taste for poop....

As long as Dr. Jeff wears pants ... :lol

yes, he wears pants, just not THE pants...

Great news for Ryan. :yay

I too feed Solid Gold. It is the best I have found and is Whole Dog Journal says it is good also. Cissy (owner) always makes feeding recommendations for me when I need them. When my senior began having kidney issues she recommended the Holistic Blendtz (very low phosphorus & lower protein) and Aggie does very well on it and likes it. When another hound had anal gland issues she recommended Barking at the Moon and now anal glands are a non-issue. My other dogs love the Hund n Flocken. I feed the Seameal with all of them like they say. I feed raw also. In fact I think the 13 year olds raw tripe is another biggie in keeping her 'on the muscle'. Just wanted to let you know that Solid Gold is very good at making useful feeding recommendations if you ever need it. It has saved me and the hounds a lot of grief and expense. Happy Howl o ween!

:yay :yay :yay

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

That's great news, Trudy!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I picked up copies today. The woman at the front desk didn't know which one was the chem panel. She handed both to me and said, you paid for it, and since I don't know which one is which, you can just have both :lol

Everything looks great other than his protein stuff and the ALB (due to his protein loss).

I'd take a pic of his new hair, but I don't think it will show so well.