Now It's Red

As of 4:30 p.m. today, x-rays say he has a prostate twice the size it should be, lungs, heart, bladder, and spine look good. Urine is boring. We are hoping for a prostate infection. He will be on bactrim for a month. Baytril was the other consideration, but vet was concerned about his stomach long term and felt bactrim was a better choice. I am also giving him metacam for a few days because he looks a bit uncomfortable. Reddy is 10 as of Aug. 15th and such a sweetheart. :heart

It all started last night with the dripping and stream. I have noticed more a sense of urgency in the last month and three night accidents b/c he couldn't wake m. He pees like a race horse. He has always "saved up" as we call it, but now he really has to go NOW. . He never pees after bedtime :( For the last year or so, Red doesn't go out to pee as often.... maybe two or three times a day. I really have to press him for a third or even fourth pee. We have had three accidents in the last month, night accidents, because I didn't hear him get up. He was never a middle of the night pee'er.

When he ran out to the LR, Tess let him out. When he came in, we noticed the blankets were dripped all over. As he stood there, we watched a stream come out, and then lots of dripping. We peed him again. He took a nap, and when he got up, he started dripping again. We peed him yet another time. He laid on a bed and watched me sew belly bands, got up, no leaks, moved beds, got up for treats, and went to bed. No leaks, but he wasn't down as long those times, I don't think, as compared with the first time.

So, now after scanning GT for Poise pads, belly bands, and diapers, we are set. He started all meds tonight. I am hoping it is just an infection. Tess will be home with him tomorrow to do extra potties and change him if necessary.

I love this Red boy so much ...

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Tanya, sending healing thoughts for Red. Gosh, I know what you're going thru.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

You KNOW I'm sending you tons of hugs and smooches for Red and a ton of hugs for you too. I've met your boy and he is sure special! (Actually I've met a couple of your boys!) Tell Red his Aunt Annie said to get better quickly. Many prayers being said for him and for you. :)

Poor Red, and poor you! Sending hugs and prayers of healing your way.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Sending lots of good healing thoughts for Red! :goodluck :goodluck Poor boy :(:kiss2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

sending prayers!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway