An Update On Darcy

Bevd

I've not said anything over the past few weeks because I wanted it to be very low key (don't know why - just felt more comfortable that way) but Darcy has been having a few blood tests because she's dropped some weight. It's not been a sudden weight loss but it has happened and we couldn't put it down to her eating less (that we're aware of) or more excercise (hardly :rolleyes::lol ).

So she had a full blood work up including thyroid, blood smear etc and all was normal for her. The only quirk in the red blood count turns out to be 'normal' given that Darcy has some mild heart damage from her doxorubicin (chemo drug).

So the next (final) thing really was to do chest x rays. It's been 6 months since she last had any and it's 22.5 months now since diagnosis/amp so....

But everything is still as clear as it was 22.5 months ago :confetti

Darcy is absolutely fine in herself and other than the weight loss (which isn't massive - it's been about 3kg since Feb) and she doesn't have any other symptoms of anything untoward, so we're just going to assume that she's been eating a bit less than she'd previously been and maybe throwing her toy once or twice more in a week than she normally does :rolleyes:

The miracle continues :beatheart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Darcy - you are amazing. :wub:

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

YEAH Darcy!!! We all love you so much sweet girlie. You just keep on doing what you have been doing. You are our hero!

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Darcy, you are my Hero!!!! You are an inspiration and it's just so fantastic that after 22.5 months you're still as healthy as a horse!!!

So, Bev, is there going to be a HUGE party in 1.5 more months?

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Absolutely fantastic news!!! :clap :clap :banana :banana

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy