Welcome Home Momo!

LBass

It all started with Cathie's pictures here on GT of the 2 litters of pups from Toby (FTH Redmoonrisin) 2 years ago this past spring. We all laughed together at funny Petey but the pup who spoke to my heart was the fawn female called MoMo Meany Pants. :lol

mo2.jpg

Here she is earning her nickname chomping on her mama's leg. Pickie Thang was such a good patient mom. :rolleyes:

603_picki_Hopea.jpg

This is the face that did it form me. :wub:

1014_043momo_sized.jpg

In spite of a small booboo foot that netted her a vet trip and some in-the-house time with her sweet sister Hope...

721Mo_hope2b.jpg

she grew...

mo.jpg

and she grew...

1014_025momo_sized.jpg

and she got faster and stronger...

MoGator.jpg

until she was racing for B&J Racing. Running for Bill and Cathie and Chris--the people who had loved her and cared for her while she was still a gleam in the eyes of her mom, Pickie Thang.

Farm-Feb9th-25.jpg

I will always treasure the thrill of watching her first schooling race on the internet! She got off to a slow start and was trailing along as she got into the back stretch. I was thinking that I'd be seeing her sooner rather than later...and then she began to pass dog after dog after dog and she was ahead and pulling farther and farther ahead! She won that race by a huge margin and I was so proud of her!

Unfortunately, fast as she could be, she also hurt one of her hips and so I received one of Cathie's prized "Are you sitting down?" emails telling me that they had decided to retire MoMo. Bittersweet news, since I had hoped she would have a successful career , yet I couldn't be more delighted to welcome her home!

I drove down to Jacksonville last weekend and drove back with my girl. Here she is in the back of the car. Her big "brother" Piper came along to welcome her home and keep her company.

DSCN1221.jpg

She has had a really hard time making herself at home...

DSCN1250.jpg

Still, I hope this gorgeous girl will settle in and love me as much as I already love her...

DSCN1253.jpg

So, join me and Piper, Spirit, Winston, and Miles in welcoming home my first girlie girl greyhound, FTH Chyna Moon, aka MoMo NotaMeanyPantsAnymore, aka MoMo Pretty Pants. :confetti

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CarolN

Congratulations on your new girl. How fun to have 'known' her since she was a tiny little puppy. I had never heard of pre-adoption, but what a great idea. I'm sure she'll be running things in your house before you know it :)

What a beautiful story!

CONGRATULATIONS to the whole family.

And welcome home to pretty girl :wub: .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

Awesome story - she looks quite settled in!! :wub:

Welcome home MoMo - enjoy retirement, I am. And I love your name :beatheart

Moe and the PhillyPups :paw

a/k/a MoeMoeNoNo or MoeMoe Fancy Pants (I think that is a derivative of your name) :lol

Edited by PhillyPups

I just love all her nicknames, Lucy :lol :lol :lol They make me laugh every time I read them!

:confetti:baloons:yayWelcome home MoMo!!!! :baloons:balloonparty:yay:confetti

You're a very lucky girl to have found such a great home!! :):kiss2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greyt2love

What, no pictures of her on the table???

Welcome home, MoMo PrettyPants, from one of your fan club who was watching you in every race ! I'm sorry you were hurt, but it's so nice you are home with momma Lucy and your brothers now !

Miss Deb and the entire River City Gang !!20caf24d.gif6369c64.gif

Edited by greyt2love

It's a heck of a journey isn't it Lucy?

I've enjoyed wathing her grow up and start her career. I remember Bill telling me at the kennel that these dogs are fast! Problem is they are so fast they hurt themselves. Since there is nothing you can do about fast and drive to be first some of them have been retired before really hurting themselves. I'm sad for Cathie and Bill, but thrilled knowing MoMo got to go home early to you. Plus I'll still get to see her pretty self at Sandy Paws.

Congratulations MoMo KNOT Meany Pants! You landed yourself in a wonderful home.

Tip from Peanut, stay off the table!

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I wish I had gotten a picture of her up on the dining room table. :eek Or at least a picture of the aftermath--what a mess. I hab been using the table for staging some filing for that I was getting ready to do for my Mother. All my careful piles of papers were off in the floor. I was honestly too shocked seeing her up there to do anything but stare and then get her off. So far, there has not been a repeat performance. However, she is a real collector and has to be watched like a hawk. ^_^

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest wmlcml6

Lucy, what a wonderful trip down memory lane. I had forgotten about MoMo hurting her foot as a puppy! It's really neat to see the difference between her and Hope back then.

I'm sorry she messed up your filing. I knew she could easily jump into her crate at the kennel, but ... be a good girl, Mo! ;-)

XOXO to you, Lucy, for giving our girl a home even though it was earlier than we all hoped for. She is going to absolutely love your beautiful big back yard and your nurturing compassionate personality. I think you have a goofy side, too, and you might need it with two youngsters in the house now. ;-)

Guest houndstooth4

Congratulations! Life throws you funny curves that you aren't expecting sometimes, but it looks like this was a good one! She is one beautiful girl!

Guest TBSFlame

What sweet photos. lol. I think one of the best things about pre-adoption is that you do love them before they come home. I have pre-adopted two and it was a wonderful experience both times. Of course, I really have never had a problem falling in love any of my greyhounds. I love my friends hounds. :)

Guest ChancesMom

:confetti:confettiWELCOME HOME MOMO PRETTY PANTS :confetti:confetti

She is such a beautiful girl and I feel so honored that I got to meet her in person. She was so sweet when I was loving on her and she is so lucky to have gone to such a special home and of course to have such a special big brother in Piper. Congratulations Lucy and MoMo.

Guest 3greysinPA

What a beautiful story about your new girlie girl!! :wub::wub:

Loved seeing all the pictures....thank you!!

Congratulations and Welcome to your forever home Beautiful MOMO! :paw:heart:paw:heart

What a beautiful story about your new girlie girl!! :wub::wub:

Loved seeing all the pictures....thank you!!

Congratulations and Welcome to your forever home Beautiful MOMO! :paw:heart:paw:heart

:confettiWelcome Home Miss MOMO ! :confetti

Congratulations Lucy! She is so lovely and so, well, lively springs to mind :lol . You and the boys will love having a girlie girl around. We loved sharing her journey to you. Jilly says she will even lend MoMo her tutu.

Edited by Jackandgrey

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren