Lucky Ray James, Aka Raymond Lapere

Guest Energy11

Guest Energy11

Hello, everyone.

I am writing this for my best friend, Glenn and his wife, Dreama.

Today, their SEVEN YR OLD Greyhound Boy, Raymond, had to be send to The Bridge. He had been suffering from GI symptoms for about two weeks. Vets thought it was Enteritis, but today, Dr. B. took different views on the x-rays, and saw a mass on the spleen. They were going to remove the spleen, but when Raymond was on the surgery table, opened up ... CANCER was EVERYWHERE! No chance to treat ... Dr. B sent him to The Bridge. Glenn, who repairs medical equipment, was in Tampa, ... two hours away from Mt. Dora (FL), and couldn't even be there. His wonderful wife, Dreama, was.

Glenn met (Ray) when we were doing third Saturday turnouts at GPA/Greater Orlando's kennel. DH, Glenn and I loved doing it. Glenn met Ray there. He was a VERY VERY shy boy that had been abused. Glenn took him, and over the years, brought him pretty much out of his shell. He was renamed "Raymond" because it is Glenn's middle name.

Raymond was SIMPLY STUNNING! A blue fawn with bright almond eyes ... he turned heads wherever he went! Today, he is gone ... far, far too you, to CANCER! I HATE cancer!

I am writing this for Glenn, because he isn't a GTer (very little time), but retires soon. Raymond is survived by his sister JoDee (a VERY active young GH, who Glenn has had since 5.5 weeks), and his Mom's four Iggies.

Run free, without pain, Raymond LaPere, and please watch over your Dad, and Mom who are grieving for you so! :f_redf_yellow:angelwings:gh_run2:heart

How very sad. :cry1 My deepest condolences to his family all all those whose hearts he touched. :grouphug

Godspeed, sweet Raymond... go run like the wind with the angels. :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry. Sending prayers to Raymond and all who loved him.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Dee, please let them know how very sorry we are, I did get to email Glenn earlier today

God speed handsome boy, you know how very much you are loved and will be missed. Run with all the Angels who have gone before you, and know you have left behind a legacy of love.

Please continue to watch over your mom and dad, and help them heal a very big hole in their hearts.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Very sad ... condolences to all who loved him - RIP Raymond.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

I'm so sorry to see this. I had hoped it wasn't that bad. My heart goes out to his mom and dad, especially dad. I know how awful it is to lose one and not be there with them. Godspeed Raymond.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11
I'm so sorry to see this. I had hoped it wasn't that bad. My heart goes out to his mom and dad, especially dad. I know how awful it is to lose one and not be there with them. Godspeed Raymond.

Thanks Judy. Yes, Glenn is HEARTBROKEN! He called me off and on all day yesterday. At least he still has his JoDee, who he has had since 5.5 weeks.