Cosmo Kitty

Guest Cara_Lea

Guest caiteag

Today was supposed to be a quiet, normal day at home... but just after noon our darling Cosmo started having trouble breathing. It is a long weekend here in Canada, so we took him to the e-vet. They took him in immediately and did everything they could for him, but he didn't make it. The vet believes his heart just gave out.

Cosmo was the sweetest cat you could ever meet. He loved people (especially women) and he loved to snuggle... either on your lap or right next to you. He loved licking the last of the milk out of a cereal bowl, or cheese powder from doritos off your fingers... he loved catnip, but his favourite toy was always a bottle cap. His favourite way to drink water was for me to run water from the bathroom tap over my hand and he would lick the water from my hand... he loved turkey and hated having his nails trimmed... if you ever just needed a bit of healing, he was the one to go to.. he would snuggle and purr and heal your heart... he was only 11 years old and we had planned on spending many more years with his sweet soul...

He was the kitty who chose us and he will be forever in our hearts and we will miss him terribly.

Goodnight sweet prince....

july07_2008_09.jpg

Edited by caiteag

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was much much too young to say goodbye.

Godspeed Cosmo.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a handsome kitty. I'm so sorry he's gone.

Godspeed, Cosmo.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Cara-Lea, I'm so sorry for your loss. Cosmo clearly had a gift for giving his humans just what they needed. It is always hard to say goodbye and even harder when you are expecting to be able to share more many more years with your beloved companion. :grouphug

:f_red

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest caiteag

Thank you all so much. We spoke with our regular vet today and she made us feel so much better. She told us that with cats, there can be no signs of cardiac issues until it is too late and the cat crashes.. at that point, there is little to be done to save them... As much as we knew we had done everything we could do... we had been wondering if we had missed signs something was wrong.. or had we gotten him to the e-vet just a little faster... or.. who knows... could we have done something that would have saved him... so hearing that we couldn't have has made this much easier... we still miss him horribly and will for a long time, but at least now we can be relieved of the "what ifs".