Shayla

Guest shayla

Guest shayla

Shayla, our 9 yr old greygirl, was attacked by a neighbors dog while on our nightly walk with another neighbor and her 2 airdales. My 2 little grandsons were along for the walk and got caught in the middle of the fray. Thank God they weren't hurt. We rushed Shayla to the e-vet but she couldn't be stabilized. After 12 hours the decision was made to euthanize her due to the severity of the bites. This is everyones nightmare. The dog (a wheaten terrier) was regularly staked out in his front yard and slipped out of his collar to attack Shayla 3 times, no less. We are all sooo sad and soooo angry that it's hard to talk about. Our other greyboy deeply misses his sister. Shay was a very gentle, non-confrontational girl. She was my velcro dog. All she wanted was to be loved. And love her we did.... but it wasn't supposed to end THIS way.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are no words............

we are thinking about you and your family. we are deeply sorry for this senseless loss.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I am very sorry for your tragic loss. :grouphug :grouphug

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest boondog

Words fail me. I can't imagine how horrible it must've been. I'm so very sorry for your tragic loss. Run free, sweet Shayla.

Guest Annie

OMG, I am so terribly sorry and feel devastated for you and your sweet baby! :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug

GODSPEED SHAYLA... :f_red:gh_run:f_red

This was so unnecessary, such a tragic loss caused solely by ignorant, careless owners!!! :angryfire

Guest GentleHugs

I'm soooo sorry to hear this. I lost my first Greyhound, Hannah to a loose dog attack back in May 2000. I only had her for 3 weeks so I definitely know what you are feeling.

God speed Shayla.......

:candle

My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, blameless sweet girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest TurnerMiller01

I am so angry that this happend to Shayla.. I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain right now.

I am so terribly sorry for the tragic loss of your loving sweet velcro girl.

:grouphugf_yellow Rest In Peace Shayla f_yellow:grouphug

I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. :f_pink

Godspeed Shayla :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

How senseless and tragic. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project