The Latest On Soul

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

First of all, thank you all so much for all the good wishes for my boy. It seems like I'm always in here asking for them :(

I think what distressed the vet and I both the most yesterday was the suddeness of his illness, which is why we both though bloat. Thank the stars that wasn't the case. He's better today, no puking, poops are ok. But he still feels puny He's back on the Flagyl, and has had a few small meals. He's still doing the gulping thing, but not as much. I honestly think the gulping is a reaction to not feeling well, kind of like a panic attack. I say this because last night when he would do it I would calmly say, in a soft voice "Don't worry about it" and he'd stop right away.

So for right now I'm to give him his Flagyl and a Pepcid tonight and in the morning. If he's not better by tomorrow he needs to go in for blood test to explore those spots on his lungs, to see if he might have pneumonia.

Whew, I can't believe we're still on this rollar coaster. And I have to go out of town at the end of the month for work, and then I took an extra few days to spend time with old friends. Now I'm terrified he'll get sick while I'm gone :(

Thank you all again for keeping my boy so close to your heart :grouphug

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baby steps. Let's just pray for more baby steps toward recovery. Prayers continuing to flow your way. Soul, just rest and let Mom take care of you. :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so glad it wasn't bloat, that is such a nightmare. I hope you and your vet can get this sorted out before you leave. It always seems like something happens to one of mine (like it is right now...something's doin' with Sheila) just before I have to go out of town. I sure hope he starts to rally today.

Soul :bighug

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest greytbookert

oh man, Amber! What a roller coaster ride!

I hope he continues to improve and starts to feel better very soon! Don't forget, if you need me, I'm here!

Also praying and hoping he continues to improve.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm keeping you both in my thoughts. Call me anytime of the day or night if I can help! :bighug:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Poor Soul :cry1 He's been through so much.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

We love the Soulman! And my birthday wish for you is that he gets better riteawayqwik!

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest greyt2love

Glad Soul is better today, and hopefully there will be a reason found before you go out of town ! Get better, Soulman. We all love you !!