Introducing Sid!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Javagirl

Oh Sid! How beautiful you are!! Congratulations on your new home.

And we know that lamb oh-too-well... Ladd picked it out during one of the Meet and Greets and when we got it home we realized that the squeaker was the single most annoying thing we had every heard. I promptly put it in the washing machine until the squeaker died. It's now a very quiet lamb.

Kristyn

Thanks, everyone! I think we are every bit as lucky as Sid is - he's almost too good to be true! Of course, I have been greyhound-deprived since early February.

I've brushed him all over, held his tail and his feet, brushed his teeth, and today I clipped his nails. He doesn't flinch at anything! You can even rub his stump and he just waves his feet at you. :wub: I did discover he has a nail completely missing. Must have been torn out a long time ago, it's all healed over and just a tiny rough piece where it should be. Sadly it's on his one remaining hind leg, and I hope it doesn't affect his grip as he ages.

I took him to Pets At Home today to get him a disc engraved (one thing we'd forgotten!) and buy some biscuits. He behaved very well. He was interested in the guinea pigs, but not overly so, and moved on when I asked him to.

We have mats down at home, but he even walks on shiny floors, bless him.

And he's kid safe!

KidSafeSid2-Crop-June09.png

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

He is sooo Gorgeous!!!!!! :wub::wub: : :colgate wub: He looks like he is going to be very happy in his new home.... :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Hi Sid! Welcome home!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:yay :yay :yay :yay Welcome home Sid! :yay :yay :yay :yay

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Hi Sid!!! 'Bout time you introduced that boy, Judy!!

And I can't wait to meet him in October! (IF we can get the timing right!!)

And, yes, I remember both those toys...

Is he 5? I can't remember... just that he's a relative youngster for you!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

What a handsome fellow he is! Congratulations to the whole family!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Judy, he's lovely!!!! Welcome home Sid!!

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

:wave HI SID!!!

OOOoooooh lookit that face...... :wub: He is ADORABLE....

Congrats Judy! He's a stunner.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Hi Sid :colgate ....Looks like you picked a winner there (I was talking to Sid, not you Judy :lol )

Aw, thanks, Mel! He seems to like us, for sure! :wub:

:wave HI SID!!!

OOOoooooh lookit that face...... :wub: He is ADORABLE....

Congrats Judy! He's a stunner.

He even has smiling eyes!!! Congrats

It was his face and those eyes that sold him. I wanted a dog with the right temperament to be a Therapy Dog. I don't know if he will make it, but he seems very promising so far! :thumbs-up And the PAT Therapy people say they're quite happy to take a tripod!

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop