Introducing Sid!

The lovely Sid is finally home!

Sid broke his leg very badly while racing. His owner was going to pay to have it fixed up, but the vet couldn't do it, it was too badly damaged, so he had to lose it.

When we met him, we had just arranged to have some extensive work done in the garden, so ... after weeks of gardening, fence installation, new turf care, health problems and blah blah blah, we brought Sid home the evening before last, just in time for dinner. He was a little anxious at first, naturally enough, since he's never been alone before, and has recently been living in his trainer's tiny house with EIGHT other dogs, most of them hers (she likes to retire the unadopted oldies in her house), one recently retired and recovering from an injury, and one or two on 'holiday' with her. But actually, for Sid, it was all a bit much, so maybe he'll be happier with none!

He already knows to go out last thing and empty his bladder, so the first night he was very, very good and didn't disturb me at all. I slept in the downstairs bedroom with him, and bless him, he didn't even wake me in the morning. Last night he was a little more restless and needed to go out at 4.30am, but he's new and he didn't pee indoors. ;)

He's eating well, drinking well, relaxing well, and starting to play. He's a bit velcro right now, but already relaxing from the 'Oh, she's leaving the room, I must follow her' stance.

Sid1stDinner-14-7-09.jpg

And Jeannine - you'll remember the green octopus you gave us? He loves that! And the sheep! Though he is definitely going to be a destroyer. I caught him trying to saw the legs off the octopus this morning! :lol We're going into town this afternoon to get him a smoked bone.

SidOctopus-800.jpg

He loves everyone.

JkSdCrop-15Jly09.png

He likes the garden - 'Hey, I can see next door's dog from here!'

SidGarden2-800.jpg

He's a real sweetheart! Say hi to Sid!

SidGardenClose-800.jpg

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KyGrey

Hi Sid! :wave

It's so nice to see your face. Your new mommy has been talking about you for a while now and we have been so excited. You are really going to enjoy it! Sounds like you're settling in nicely.

Judy,

I'm excited for you! He's so handsome! :beatheart :beatheart

Oh Judy, how exciting!!!! :confetti:yay:banana:confetti

Sid is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I am so chuffed for you! :yay :yay :yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Welcome, Sid!!

What a beautiful boy!!!

:banana:confetti:pepper

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Congrats to everyone!!

He is so very pretty Judy!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Hi Sid! :wave What a good lookin' boy! :wub: Congrats! :confetti

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

What a handsome boy Sid is, and so lucky to have a wonderful home. Seeing his pictures brought tears to my eyes, our boy lost the same leg, but to osteo and has since passed. Sid will be running around his yard in no time, its unbelivable how fast they are with 3 legs. He is going to be such a joy thru the years

Linda

He's beautiful - gorgeous colour and lovely face!

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

What a doll! Congratulations to all of you!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow