Penny Update 07-15-09

Guest Tuxsmom

Keeping you and Penny in my thoughts and prayers today.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sending more prayers for your beautiful little girl! :( :( :hope :hope :hope:candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

{{{{{{{{{{June}}}}}}}}}}

Prayers going with you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

heading in to vet now. her gums are white. 3 more bloody poops last night. she wont even lift her head up. she's staggering. she had difficulty swallowing her carafate this morning at 5am. i'm pretty sure she's lost more weight, her spine is poking out everywhere.

i think it might be time. maybe. i dont know :cry1 i just dont know

are there any miracles left

OH NO :weep

Praying hard for Penny.......hugs of comfort for you

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Sending more prayers your way,

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:hope:grouphug

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Tuxsmom

Penny is at peace now. She left us at 9am.

She could hardly hold herself up by this morning. Vet said we could keep doing things to pull her through, but this was pretty much her life now. her good days would be few and far between. she had lost a total of 10 pounds in the past week. the lymph nodes, the seizures, the eyesight, the neurological symptoms, the bleeding out even after treatment, the not eating, the staggering...it just all supported a very bad conclusion.

when given the sedative, she went to sleep very very fast according to the vet. she said that showed us the penny was probably much more tired than we thought...

i owed to you to keep you from pain, penny...i'm sorry

i cant breathe

Oh June,

My heart is breaking for you right now. You are going through a very difficult time having to make that decision for Penny, but it's the final gift of love you can give to a pet. Please take comfort in the fact that she knew she was very, VERY loved. You did everything you could for her, and sometimes it's just their time, despite our efforts to keep them with us.

I'm so sorry.

Gentle hugs to you.

Lisa, Matt, Travis, and Kathryn

Furkids: Gracie (Styled Princess) and felines Tilly and Nike

SignatureGreytalk.jpg

Guest Energy11

June, You gave that girl ALL YOU HAD, plus MORE! You tried, and so did she.

There was soooo much going on inside that little body, she just couldn't fight anymore! You did the right thing for her ... she was tired.

Those of us here, KNOW EXACTLY what this feels like, and it is a feeling ... well, to me, I have had nothing worse than this ...

I love you, and will be here for you, whether in emails, posts, or by phone!

Just know, Penny is free of pain and running at The Bridge.

Love you!!!!!!! Dee, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Bold Energy, Dasher, and Max, met Penny at The Bridge. :f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:grouphug:gh_run2

I'm so sorry :( :( :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so very sorry June, both you and Penny gave it your all.

Penny knew how very much she was loved and she will surely watch over you with love and gratitude.

God speed pretty girl, our Angels were there to guide you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

June,

I am so sorry to read about this. I know both you and she tried very hard to pull her through this. What you ultimately gave her was the gift of release from her pain. A big :grouphug to you, I know the days ahead are going to be rough for you, even though you did what was right by her.

Sweet dreams darling Penny, you can rest now free of pain.

:f_pink

Oh I am sorry. Sweet Penny.... :(:grouphug

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so very sorry - I wish there I was something I could say to help take away the pain for you ......

:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink:f_pink

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge