It's Cancer.

Guest greytbookert
THANK YOU EVERYONE. Once again (again) your support and caring words are overwhelming.

I am a bit shellshocked. I still feel it will be OK. I hope that's not denial.

I don't think it is denial at all! ... let's look at the good things:

1. It was caught early

2. wide margins taken and they are clean

3. Stage 1

For a crappy disease, as you know, the points above are certainly cause for belief that all will be ok and Elsie will be with you for a long time!

I think I mentioned before that Sahra had something similar at age 8, we had wide margins taken, it was precancerous but nothing to pursue further... just watch for additional lumpies. She is now 14.5 with no issues.

We're all pulling for you and Elsie!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin I am sorry you have to go through this but the size of the tumor and getting clean margins is excellent news. I have seen a lot of older females with numerous mammary tumors much larger.

Maybe just maybe that is why Polli sent Elsie to you. She knew that Elsie would have the best care no matter what came up.

your first statement is very encouraging!

the 2nd one was one of a bittersweet feeling.

thank you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest poopsie1

I'm way behind in my reading here but wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and Elsie. You've been dealt so much lately but I too believe that Polli sent Elsie to you. She couldn't ask for a better Mom. Hugs to you both.

Oh, no! I'm just seeing this, and am dismayed that you've gotten this sad news about Elsie. I am not familiar with this type, but what others have said does sound encouraging.

She is so very lovely, and she's found her perfect forever home. Sending lots of prayers and white light and "be well" telepathic thoughts (from Lydia) to your precious girl, and hoping that she is spoiled and loved for a long, long time.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh Robin...I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. But it sounds hopeful! :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Just wanted to check in again to let you know I'm holding you and Elsie and Rich and all the pack in my daily thoughts. :grouphug:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest GriffinsMom

Elsie will come through the surgery with flying colours. You caught the tumors early, that is good news. Elsie has no intentions of going anywhere except back on your couch. Chin up and we will all help you think good thoughts for a fast recovery. :grouphug

Guest FreddyGirl

She couldn't have a better mom! That I know from personal experience. :wub:

See you tomorrow for another greyt playdate and a little PR for GAA.

Edited by FreddyGirl

sending prayers for your pretty little girl!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Checking in to see how you are holding up today, Robin. I know what a whirlwind of thoughts that can vie for attention in your mind and it is sometimes very overwhelming. You know your Greytalk family is here for you... right?

Checking in to see how you are holding up today, Robin. I know what a whirlwind of thoughts that can vie for attention in your mind and it is sometimes very overwhelming. You know your Greytalk family is here for you... right?

I am actually quite OK and just ordered Elsie's winter coat and a new very special collar. With all the good things we have going on, ie: clean margins, grade 1, encapsulated , etc... she will be FINE.

Right??? ;)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Absolutely! I'm glad to hear you are doing okay too.

FL

I am actually quite OK and just ordered Elsie's winter coat and a new very special collar. With all the good things we have going on, ie: clean margins, grade 1, encapsulated , etc... she will be FINE.

Right??? ;)

Guest paulamariez

Sending loads of healing prayers, love and light for your sweet Cowgirl Elsie!! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending her some healing doggie kisses as well.