Sadie's Valley Fever Titer

Guest BlackandBrindle

Guest BlackandBrindle

Sadie's titer went back up to 1:16 from a 1:8.

We're going to keep medicating and go back to 2x a day instead of one.

She's been so incredibly playful lately and not exhibiting any symptoms and I was so convinced that we'd be able to stop medicating her. :(

Maybe next time.... I know there are so many other things that I need to be thankful for, I'm just tired of all of this. It's been a year!

Sorry for the ranting, I'm just disappointed for my baby girl. At least it's treatable...

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hang in there. I have a friend with a Valley Fever Greyhound whose titer would bounce up and down like that but after about 3 years it dipped so low that she doesn't have to medicate him but goes in regularly for blood tests.

Wow, I'm so surprised!!!

The good thing is that she feels fine. So, :yay

The bad thing is that you are stressed. So, :grouphug

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm ok. I just want her to be ok. I'm afraid putting her back up to 2x a day is going to cause the cruds again, but what can you do. I want to knock it out so that we can just test her once a year... we'll get there. We will!

Note there may not be that much difference between dilutions, i.e.: it could have been "high" for a 1:8, but relatively low for a 1:16, with a "true" value being somewhere between the two. But since there's no way to express intermediate values, it could just bounce between these two numbers because of the vagaries of ELISA.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Guest BlackandBrindle

I was actually thinking about that and wondering if they were tested at different labs and if that would have anything to do with it... but we have the meds and we'll just see what happens.

Even with the difference I don't know that I'd be completely comfortable stopping the meds without vet approval and he wants to keep her on them. I trust him to know what he's doing as I know he's a pretty fabulous vet who loves greyhounds. :)

We'll finish the meds (I believe it's about two months worth) and retest.

Sorry to hear this, Mary Jo. :sad1:grouphug :grouphug

Baby steps. You will get there! :bighug

Scritches to the lovely Sadie... :kiss2:beatheart

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest G2G_Greys

Don't worry MJ....they do tend to go up and down sometimes. If she starts to not do well on the pills 2 times a day please give Doc a call and he will think of something else. :kiss2 to Sadie bug and her mommy....please don't worry.

I was warned that it is common in dogs. But our titer never dropped in over a year. I was also warned Shanti's may never drop. VF is something that you will watch for and possibly battle for her life. :(

But I am stumped that you are seeing such playful behaviour when it is going up. Maybe it is the no medicine thing. Hang in there. It is a long road, but a road to healing.

The Girls

What a disappointment. I hope the next test is better.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm sorry. I know you'd hoped to stop the meds. Evil evil disease.

Hugs to yourself and scritchies to your oh-so-lovely good girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.