Waiting For A Radiology Read

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, can't be.

sending lots of prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending prayers and lots of hugs.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Sending prayers and hoping for good news.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest greydogluvr

Oh no! I am so sorry that you are going through this. Big hugs to your beautiful boy. Prayers that it is something else :hope

That would just be too unfair.

All good thoughts coming from here :candle:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Thanks everyone. I keep trying to come up with another explanation for an enlarged heart.

Kris,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through with Demon. The case for each dog is so different - but I wanted to share with you what happened with my 10 year old girl last fall. I had her in for an x-ray for something else and my vet found that her heart was enlarged - even for a greyhound. We did an ultrasound which showed the same thing but no masses (thankfully). It turned out that she had fluid build up around her heart that we monitored for 6 weeks or so (the cardiologist said sometimes the fluid gets re-absorbed into the system). With Chick, the fluid did not get reabsorbed so it had to be drained. The procedure went well and we monitored her every few months to see if more fluid would build up. It did not. We don't know why it happened - our cardiologist said that's often the case. Our cardiologist is Dr. Kaplan from Tufts. He's great.

I'm not saying this is the situation for Demon - but thought it would be helpful to hear of my experience. Please keep us posted on what you hear.

Pat Hall

Ayer, MA

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Thanks Pat. I have my fingers crossed. I recognized Dr. Kaplan's name. He's done ultrasounds on some of my other greys. I didn't realize he was with Tufts.

Thanks everyone. I keep trying to come up with another explanation for an enlarged heart.

Kris,

I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through with Demon. The case for each dog is so different - but I wanted to share with you what happened with my 10 year old girl last fall. I had her in for an x-ray for something else and my vet found that her heart was enlarged - even for a greyhound. We did an ultrasound which showed the same thing but no masses (thankfully). It turned out that she had fluid build up around her heart that we monitored for 6 weeks or so (the cardiologist said sometimes the fluid gets re-absorbed into the system). With Chick, the fluid did not get reabsorbed so it had to be drained. The procedure went well and we monitored her every few months to see if more fluid would build up. It did not. We don't know why it happened - our cardiologist said that's often the case. Our cardiologist is Dr. Kaplan from Tufts. He's great.

I'm not saying this is the situation for Demon - but thought it would be helpful to hear of my experience. Please keep us posted on what you hear.

Pat Hall

Ayer, MA

So sorry to hear this. :hope

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest HeatherDemps

I'm sorry you are going through this and you have to wait for the answer.... the waiting part absolutely sucks!!! :( I hope that you get a better answer with the second opinion.....

Heather

Kris,

Maybe I'm wrong about Dr. Kaplan being at Tufts - he did all the procedures on Chick at my local vet's office. If he isn't practicing at Tufts, he's a Tufts alum. (My vet knows him as she's a Tufts alum - that's how I made the connection.) Sorry for any confusion.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Demon.

Pat

Guest Pipi5

I have lost two to hermangio sarcoma, its a blood vessel cancer that attacks organs such as the heart, lungs, spleen, liver. Its VERY agressive. Dear was diagnosed in December & was gone 3 weeks later. Bool had a tumor we didn't even know about & the tumor ruptured before surgery.

I wish you all the best of luck & pray that it is not hermangio sarcoma.