Dolly - 4/25/09

Guest dwolfe711

Guest dwolfe711

Our friends coordinate senior returns for our adoption group and consequently often are the first home these senior babies see when they are returned and are often fostered by them until a permanent home can be found. Less than two months ago, she received a call to return a 13.5yo sweet little dark brindle girl named Dolly. They are usually very good at fostering but she fell in love with Dolly and they adopted her soon after she arrived. They knew Dolly had health problems and did not want to see her uprooted again. They became concerned about Dolly's breathing the end of last week and were preparing to have the vet check her for the cause, thinking possibly it was laryngeal paralysis. On Saturday morning Dolly suddenly was struggling to breathe and they called and headed out to their vet immediately. Sweet little Dolly went to the Bridge in the vehicle on the drive to the vet. It was a great loss to both of them but especially to her as she had totally bonded with this little girl in the short time Dolly was with them. Please say a prayer for sweet little Dolly who was in the best possible home she could have been in for the last weeks of her life - she was loved and well taken care of - but unfortunately Dolly's body was just too worn out for her to stay any longer. She will be missed by all of us who knew her - run free, sweet Dolly Wolly - :cry1:gh_run:hope:candle

Donna

Guest jurishound

My deepest condolences to your friends - what angels they are for ensuring that Dolly's last days were surrounded with love. Godspeed sweet Dolly. :gh_run

I'm so sorry Donna, we sure do know how very special these seniors are. And thank God that Dolly knew she was loved.

God speed baby girl, and run with all the Angels

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm sorry for their loss & that she couldn't stay longer. Godspeed Dolly! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so glad she had such a loving home to spend her last few weeks in :( :( :( :(

sending hugs to the family :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest vahoundlover

I am so sorry :cry1 My deepest sympathies to her family. My Dolly was a dark brindle too, I'm sure she'll meet Dolly at the Bridge.

Godspeed Sweetheart :f_pink

Oh, Donna, this is so very sad. I wish Dolly could have had more time in her wonderful home.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown