My Mariah

Guest Baloos_Mom

Guest Baloos_Mom

On October 11, 2006, we drove to Newton Falls to meet Maya. She was an 8 year old Rottweiler that had to find a new family because her parents had to sell their home and move to Nevada for a job. We took her home and decided that in her new life she should have a new name but similar so she became Mariah which she answered to straight away. She loved everyone right from the start..loved the cats a little too much at first but soon she fit right in. Mariah was Madison's protector.....so much so that when Madison yelled for her while in the tub, she came running and leaped right in with her....all 100lbs of her!

We celebrated Ms. Mariah's 10th birthday with a big bash(July 2008)...all her doggie friends came and enjoyed the doggie pools, doggie birthday cake, and special doggie party favors too. Her foot was already showing some signs of trouble then and being a Rottie we knew that her 10th was a big deal.

In November the vet decided that it was time to take the now tumor, a toe and do a biopsy. The prognosis was not good....it was cancerous and likely to come back and go everywhere but they had gotten all the cancer so we did have 5 months longer with her.

Mariah is now in heaven with my Nikita, of Nikita's Wish, 8 years and one month to the day later! Though I didn't have her as long, she was such a huge part of our family and so much like Nik that it is uncanny! I will continue to rescue in honor of both of them and plan to always have a Rottweiler!

I have been sick for a week knowing that the time was coming and now is not any easier!

So sorry about your beautiful Mariah. It is never easy, whether we know it is coming, or it is sudden. It is so special you got to celebrate her 10th birthday.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

I am so sorry for your loss. Mariah sounds like a sweet dog and how fortunate that you gave her such a wonderful home and lots of love when her family couldn't keep her. It always hurts to say goodbye but her memory will live on in every rescued Rottweiler you bring home.

f_yellow f_yellow f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest GreytMuse

I am so very sorry for your loss. f_yellow How lucky you all were to have found one another and made so many good memories.

Edited by GreytMuse

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Mariah.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Mariah was Madison's protector.....so much so that when Madison yelled for her while in the tub, she came running and leaped right in with her....all 100lbs of her!

What a wonderful memory! Crying and laughing here at the same time. How great she ended up with you -- sent off in love.

Sending my sympathy. :f_white

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave Mariah a wonderful life, short as that time was. Godspeed Mariah! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis