Jake, Limping Again

For those of you who know Jake this really isn't unusual. This makes the 4th unexplained swelling and limping on 3 different legs in 10 months.

He was fine when I left the house this morning. Frank picked me up at 5:30 to go home and as I'm telling him about Jeany, he is telling me Jake can't walk. He said after he let the dogs out Jake refused to come up the steps to the deck. Jake was holding his back foot up. When I got home, it was swollen and hot, so off to the vet.

We saw the cute vet this time and he said he was concerned, but didn't think an x-ray was warrented. We discussed tick disease, but Jake was tick tested as a blood donor and had the snap test done in the fall. We don't live in a high tick area and I don't take the dogs to places that are likely to have ticks. We also discussed auto immune diseases, since this is the 4th mysterious swelling and lameness in 3 different legs. He is on tramadol and rimadyl for a few days.

The is definitely my "Special Boy"

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Has he had the joint tap to determine what's up?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Has he had the joint tap to determine what's up?

No, but now that we are on leg number 3 I think that will be next weeks chore.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest wjamg

I will be watching this post with interest..I have had Peace just over a year and she has had three bouts of limping...this last time she held her back leg up high. The vet can't seem to find anything, she has been x-rayed and examed several times...so far each time she gets better after a couple weeks of anti-inflammatory meds..its hard to see them in pain that you can't fix

This poor guy seriously needs a break!!

We'll keep him tucked in our prayers

He really does. Jake is walking on all fours today. Probably the result of the meds. I've only given him the rimadyl today and so far so good. It is more swollen today, which matches the pattern of the other incidents.

Summer-3bjpg.jpg

Janet - I have my fingers crossed tightly for Jake. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Really weird. Prayers that it's something easy and dumb, like a harmless spider that he happens to be allergic to.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Aw, poor boy! Sending buckets of prayers for Jake!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Jake sweetie, knock it off. :kiss2

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren