Toby.. Aka Tb Nitro Bluedog

MisserGil

Toby… aka TB Nitro BlueDog

December 5, 1998 – April 8th, 2009

Toby, what can I say about you. You came to us through fate. You were always our pony dog, jumping and bucking around like a pony when we came home. Your energy was amazing but on the other hand you were always standing there to be petted. You touched so many hearts and were loved by everyone who met you. You raced until you were almost 5, and even then you were spoiled rotten. Troy made sure you had the best of everything while racing and you won a major spot in his heart as well. You always preferred being loved on to even eating. You tolerated me dressing you up in ridiculous costumes but loved the attention that you got, Always the Showman. When a leash came out, you were ready to go. At Meet and Greets you were a Gentle Giant, showing people that no matter how big you were, you were gentle and loving. If you someone didn’t pet your head, you made sure it was where they could reach it and would gently nudge them until they complied with your demands. As our oversized puppy, you amused us all of the time with your antics.. When you would come in from outside, you would fly across the room, pouncing on a toy or dog bed and sliding across with your front bowed to the floor. You are free from pain now my friend. You are running and chasing whatever you can find at the Bridge. And I know deep in my heart there are many old friends to play with. You have close friends and loved ones to show you around and teach you the ropes at the Bridge. And as you run, you have a song playing in your ears… “Born to be Wild”. We will always love you and know you will be waiting for us when our time comes. You will greet us as you always did, bouncing around, that goofy grin and loving face..

We love you and miss you so much..

Almighty God, Author of all creation,

By your gentle power, be present for this special creature of your making and our steadfast friend Toby.

Fill his eyes with a light that he may see beyond this world to a home within your love, where pain is gone and physical facility is forgotten.

Ease his fear as you brush away our tears.

Let death be gentle as nightfall, promising a new day when sighs of grief turn to expressions of praise that you shared this beautiful creature with those of us gathered at his side.

Now Run Boy. Run to the Master of us all.

Amen.

By, Rev Jonathan L Heaslet, Senior Pastor

St Johns United Church of Christ

Written especially for Toby.

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gil....so sorry Toby had to leave you so soon.....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest PhillyPups

Gil I am so very sorry for your loss :bighug

Run with the Angels sweet Toby, you are with some of the very very best ~

What a beautiful prayer for sweet Toby.

I am so very sorry for your loss. That is a beautiful prayer. May your memories bring you peace and comfort.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

:f_red I am sorry it was his time to leave you, a boy well loved.

Toby, run with all the Angels handsome, and please continue to watch over those who love you.

Beautiful prayer

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so sorry for your loss. Godspeed Toby! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Annie

I am so very sorry for the loss of your treasured boy. :(:grouphug

GOD SPEED TOBY :f_red:gh_run:f_red

Toby's prayer is one of the most touching I've ever read.