Omg- Beau Has Gained All His Weight Back!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BoogieDown

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Maybe someday you'll be posting the words "that boy is getting chunky! I need to have him lose some weight!"

Yay Beau! Sending good thoughts for you to be able to lower the pred dosage and cut back to 2-3 feedings per day.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Guest Greensleeves

Well, I've been curious for an update--and this is just about the best one ever! :yay:

Did your vets explain that pred *causes* soft stools? It draws water from the bowel into the stool, plus with the extra drinking... Whistler never had really firm poops, either, and our vet warned us that the pred wouldn't help.

To me, he looks like a sausage!!!!! :eek

He probably looks like a Cushings dog........ :( Glad to hear that the hard work is paying off!

How did he wind up with this diagnosis!???

:eek

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest how888
:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay:yay It is about time you finally got some good news, you have been through so much these last few months... I admire you so much for all you do for your babies. And to Beau :kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2

He probably looks like a Cushings dog........ :( Glad to hear that the hard work is paying off!

No diagnosis......just memories of my poor Nevada & her Cushings disease. Too much cortisol, thus looking like a sausage with legs. :( Humans often get a "moon-face" from chronic use of steroids.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

No diagnosis......just memories of my poor Nevada & her Cushings disease. Too much cortisol, thus looking like a sausage with legs. :( Humans often get a "moon-face" from chronic use of steroids.

yeah, that's it. He has been on it since Jan. 23. He started out on 40mg, then we upped it to 50, back down to 40, then 30 and now we are at 20mg. I want him to be hungry to eat, but the way he acts it's scary. He starts scavanging on the floors looking for crumbs. He acts as if he has not eaten in weeks. Very sad. I hope the drop of pred helps, but I don;t think so. Then I worry about when he does come off- will he eat enough of the z/d to maintain the weight he should be at. It's a non stop worry and battle.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

When Nevada's Cushings was not under control yet, I would take her to Sonic for a cheeseburger.....the poor thing would salivate so badly, I'd have drool all over the front seat of my car. She would literally snap at my hand if it had food in it. This was NOT the typical behavior of my sweet girlie. She didn't want loves anymore....just food...food...water...water. It was very sad.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Hobbes did much better on the 20 mg. dose of Pred. as maintenance than on the 60 mg & 40 mg doses (which he needed for a while). His search for food and somewhat "manic" moments evened out. He was also on z/d diet and fortunately his appetite remained healthy but not ravenous.

Glad to see Beau has gained his weight back and seems to be doing so well.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Hobbes did much better on the 20 mg. dose of Pred. as maintenance than on the 60 mg & 40 mg doses (which he needed for a while). His search for food and somewhat "manic" moments evened out. He was also on z/d diet and fortunately his appetite remained healthy but not ravenous.

Glad to see Beau has gained his weight back and seems to be doing so well.

thank you. That IS encouraging!!!!

Hey Robin - Cody was on pred for a loooooooong time for her back issue. The vet told me to add canned green beans to her food to try to help her feel full - it [mostly] worked! Also be careful he doesn't chew plastic things - she ate a few plastic animals' feet and an electrical cord 'cause she was so hungry!! (Did you know copper wire shows up REALLY well on x-rays?!?!?)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge