My In-laws Dog That Got Paralyzed

My in-laws were here the other day and I got an update on Buddy. For those who don't know, he was paralyzed when he took off after a peacock while tied to a 20' lead. It got tangled around him and when he hit the end of it, it snapped on his back doing damage. Nothing broken, all soft tissue as far as we know. They chose not to do a MRI. It has been 4 weeks. He is actually standing on all 4 legs now. :yay He still can't walk as he is way too wobbly, but he is getting the sensation back in his legs!!! They use a "bottoms up" leash on him to help him. He has bladder and bowel control again, which he did not have for a while. The vets were NOT optimistic, and still aren't overly optimistic, but agree this is a great sign. He may never get 100% but he is certainly trying. I keep my fingers crossed for him every day!

Edited by ShantisMom

The Girls

my brother's aerdale was paralyzed from a car accident..after much home therapy she now walks with only a slight limp. the vets suggested putting her down..but my brother and his wife...felt they needed to give her time. good thing they did! it is possible. I will keep Buddy in my prayers.

Sending good thoughts and hugs for him. Just to give you more encouragement, my vet wanted to put my grey down when she was paralyzed and actually sent her home to die at home. Five years later she is living, walking, running. She has issues at times but she has a quality of life.

Edited by brandimom

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

So wonderful that Buddy is showing so much improvement! It's a testament to the care he is receiving. Will send prayers and healing light.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thanks for the update.....great to hear Buddy has been improving!! :clap

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

I remember this as well. I'm so glad to hear he's make improvements and will keep my fingers crossed that he continues to do so!!!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."