Goodbye, My Sweet Jock --- I'll Love You Forever!

Guest jocksmom

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Jock. We most definitely do know how you feel. I wish you peace & comfort knowing that Jock is himself at peace. He was a lucky boy to have a family that loved hime so much. Godspeed Jock! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Flysmom

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my Fly 10 long days ago and I know how much you hurt! Your pain and grief is not abnormal but most people do not understand why we cry so long and hard for 'just a dog' since they never had the chance to be owned by a Greyhound. Don't worry about them! Time will help to make it a bit easier!

Hugs to you !

:f_red I'm so very sorry it was his time to leave. The final act of love we give to them is the one that tears us apart. He obviously was a very special boy and very deeply loved.

He leaves a legacy of love.

Jock, God speed handsome boy, and run now with all the Angels pain free and young once again.

Please continue to watch over those who love you.

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

It was brave of you to share Jock's story. :grouphug He was a beloved family member who owned your heart. I appreciate how painful it must feel to live without his physical presence in your home. His loving spirit is just a whisper away... :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

It is obvious you loved him very much. When my father died six years ago it was awful, but when my bridge baby Clarice died two years ago it was unbearable. Please take care and if you need to grieve in "private" come to this forum. We understand. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Jock was clearly a very, very much loved boy.

To those who say you have lost "just a dog". Ignore them. They don't know any better. They are not trying to be insensitive, they just don't know the pain involved.

I felt very similar when I had to let Scarlett go. I had to make the decision at a very young age to take my grandmother off life support. My mother died the year before that. The love of my life died a few years later. Yet letting Scarlett go was someone more wrenching, I felt like I was killing my best friend. Logically I know that was not the case. Logically you know that too but the heart doesn't do logic so well.

Try to remember the wonderful life that you gave Jock, and the wonderful times that Jock gave you. Know that you would not be who you are, or would not have learned the lessons that you learned with Jock in any other way. Those lessons can't be taken away from you. They are his gifts to you. As long as you have those you have Jock.

iluvgreys is completely right "His loving spirit is just a whisper away."

I am so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing your sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry you've lost your boy. I lost my Oreo three years ago today, and I've been thinking of her constantly today.

Jock was your companion, perhaps the one being in your life focused more on you and your happiness than on anything else. And didn't you spend more time every day with Jock than with anyone else? Of course you'll grieve for him--long, hard, and forever.

But soon the stronger memories will be the good ones, the funny ones. The bad last-days memories will not be the first thing you think of when you think of him.

Take care, and come here when you need to talk.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Your grief is yours alone to work through at your own pace. Jock was obviously your heart dog and getting through the grief process will take time. You are not alone in your feelings. I am so sorry Jock had to leave you sooner than you would have wanted him to, and I pray that he will send you a sign that he's whole again and enjoying himself while he waits for you at The Bridge.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead