Canyon Is Not Doing Too Well :-(

Guest Annie

Yea! I can't wait for your report on how well he's doing. Can't wait to cheer him on to a rapid recovery! Tell him again how much we all love him and that we can't wait to see his first post surgery smile!

Edited by racindog

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yay and :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

sending many prayers the surgery works wonders and he recovers quickly!!!! :hope :hope :hope

what a HANDSOME boy he is!!!! :wub: :wub:

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Always keeping him in my prayers.

On to a successful recovery!!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Greyt news! Hoping for a successful recovery for your oh so handsome boy.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Good surgery! No pain! Good surgery! No pain! Good surgery! No pain! Good surgery! No pain! Good surgery!

Hugs, kisses and mega prayers for quick healing and no pain!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Annie

Canyon is not doing all that well. :( He has been fussing and won't eat.

They won't let me see him till noon, and even then they want me to call first to see what's going on in the ward. This is sooooo hard!!!! I'm not waiting till then!

I am to bring well cooked food for him as they don't allow raw on the premises. They say I'm only allowed to stay for 30 minutes. I'm going to have to keep my cool, and somehow make myself very small so they don't notice me there. There is NO WAY I am leaving there before he feels comforted, loved, safe and has some of his appetite back!!!!!

Please continue to pray for Canyon. :hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle

Guest Alexandra_W

Keeps my fingers crossed that a little TLC and home cooking will make him feel so much better.

It is understandable but SO frustrating the 'no vistitors-rules'. Especially when you know the dog is not doing well, and even more so if you know its is a dog very attached to mum/dag. My last male was like that, he went apatic (sp?) at the hospital, refused to eat, refused to stand and just whined constantly. They refused to let me visit at it would 'upset him when I left'. Ended with him coming home with drip and all attached, as they realized he would be much calmer and better off in his home environment. But before they realized it (I tried to tell them, but guess to them I was just another over-worried owner that made a fuss out of nothing) it was heartbreaking.

Discovered when I left my boy now (not THAT attached to mum, but enough) in for surgery, and have to sign a ton of paper, that IF they would need to keep him, they hade NO VISITS AT ALL rule. I was very close to refuse to sign the papers just because of that...

Guest poopsie1

Poor Canyon. But away from home, a day after surgery - I'm sure he's uncomfortable. Praying he'll start to perk up after he sees his Mommy. Sending many prayers.

Guest Annie

Dr. Nick Sharp has just called and says that he thinks Canyon might do better at home. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER ABOUT THAT!

I will update as soon as we're back.

Canyon is not doing all that well. :( He has been fussing and won't eat.

They won't let me see him till noon, and even then they want me to call first to see what's going on in the ward. This is sooooo hard!!!! I'm not waiting till then!

I am to bring well cooked food for him as they don't allow raw on the premises. They say I'm only allowed to stay for 30 minutes. I'm going to have to keep my cool, and somehow make myself very small so they don't notice me there. There is NO WAY I am leaving there before he feels comforted, loved, safe and has some of his appetite back!!!!!

Please continue to pray for Canyon. :hope:hope:hope:candle:candle:candle

Oh Annie, please hang in there. I honestly understand how this just rips your heart out. He's right out of surgery, it'll get better, it has to.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh, it is just so excruciating to be away from our kids, especially when they aren't well. I would expect Canyon to be uncomfortable, sick and whining a day after surgery, and not too thrilled about eating "doG only knows what", too! I hope that you get to see him soon! Sending prayers that Canyon is so thrilled to see you that he eats like crazy!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm sure he'll perk up when he sees you and especially if the Doc really does let him go home. What a smart Doctor he is! Surgery is tough. It can knock a healthy foortball player on a loop much less a greyhound that was ailing to begin with. Love will triumph. You'll be able to nurse him back to health. When Aggie was spayed at 11 years old I couldn't get her to eat or hardly move right afterwards. But I discovered that Mother Hubbard biscuits and Bucaroo Beef were acceptable and thats all she ate for 2 days- a little bit of that. Then her appetite came back and she bounced back. But it took 2 days and that was just a spay. With all those drugs and everything I wouldn't have an appetite either. :getwell:beatheart