Just When I Thought The Nightmare Was Over.

Glad to hear Beau is going to be fine...and congrats on the weight gain. He really is a handsome looking pup. Things can only get better...sending lots of warming healing thoughts out to all of you.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in and soooooooo happy to hear that it is nothing serious! His weight gain is greyt news, too.

OMG, that picture of his handsome face, he looks like he needs some special treatment. He is so handsome.

I'm glad for you and your DH too-you guys have been through the wringer. You needed some good news.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so happy Beau's weight is up and that it appears to "just" be trauma to a toe. What a cute picture--he certainly can turn on the "pity me" vibes just like my Mandy. I hope you and DH can get some rest.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

I am so relieved that it is "just some type of trauma'. Beau certainly does look pitiful with his bandaged paw. On the positive side though, it is awesome news that Beau is continuing to gain weight!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Poor Baby, I am so sorry.... I hope you feel better real soon! :kiss2:grouphug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest Pipi5

Oh Robin, could he look more pitiful. Bless both of ya'll. Alllll of ya'll. BeauBeau...be gentle on your momma.

In fact, here's a note for you to take to work Monday, full pay & benefits until this year is over.

Guest greyt2love

Robin, I've been away so didn't see this till now. So glad to see this is trauma, and nothing more. While it will be more special care for awhile,it is not life threatening !! Hurray for the weight gain !!! Good news! Goodness knows you and Rich need some right now !!

Beau Beau, I cannot show that picture to my hounds. If they copied that pitiful face, they would run the world here !! (not sure they don't now) That face !! Pitiful beyond belief and still, so darn cute !

Guest Pipi5

I just bought a new shower head for my bathroom, my other one sprayed more water on the ceiling & the wall than on me. It has a "mister" as one of the settings. Since my fall in December, I've only been able to take "spit baths"...ya know the ones, where you put hot water & soap in the sink then you wash off the "places"....I know everyone is getting a vision...so today I took a very hot shower...I wouldn't wish the past 3 months on my worse enemy....but I sure would wish a long hot shower on them.

Robin & family, take time for yourselves. I think you deserve it. I'm so glad BeauBeau is going to be okay now! I love that face & I love your siggie's little pink halo. :beatheart

Poor kid. Hope he keeps his appetite up while he's recuperating.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:kiss2 Beau. I hope you feel better soon.

The weight gain is FANTASTIC!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Vinnie

Robin, that is greyt news. Weight gain and something "easily" treatable - its about time that things started turning around. And with that oh so sweet face, my goodness, it just made me melt. Sending extra hugs and scritches and chanting to heal quickly.

Oh Boy. Beau is not going to make this easy for us.

We slept in the den last night because of all the steps in our house. Does this sound remotely familar to you all? Excpet I did not sleep all but 2-3 hours. I should be used to that.

Beau is refusing to get up every 3-4 hours to pee which he desperately has to, because he is not liking the cast on his leg, does not navigate well without his front leg especially since he has "something" going on in his hips that is being addressed with acupuncture. So, he is leaking onto whatevery he is sleeping on until i get him out which is not easy. it takes both me and Rich to coax him out. My son who has been coming home from lunch at school to let him out and feed him is not going to be able to do this so I will have to come home in the middle of my day until he is moving better.

He is depressed and between the pred that makes him like a zombie and now the depression from his momma not being here AND this latest toe issue, he just can't get a break and he is so depressed. I sit with him and stroke him (he's not into the singing thing ;)) but he will turn away and face the wall.

I know this won't last forever but it just sux, feeling like not only did we lose Polli, but Beau is so removed as well.

it will only get better, right???

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest koolaidnconner

OH BOY! I just saw this and my heart just about sank strtig to read it. I am so glad that is was fixable and that he will be ok.

That is a very cute picture of Beau! :wub:

Get bedder Beau buddy!

your norfern frend Conner

Guest jettcricket
He is depressed and between the pred that makes him like a zombie and now the depression from his momma not being here AND this latest toe issue, he just can't get a break and he is so depressed. I sit with him and stroke him (he's not into the singing thing ;)) but he will turn away and face the wall.

I know this won't last forever but it just sux, feeling like not only did we lose Polli, but Beau is so removed as well.

it will only get better, right???

Oh, that broke my heart....and, yes, it will get better!!!!!

Checking in and so happy to read your update! Kiss the handsome little man for me...heal swiftly honey boy! :wub::grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Spencers_Greyt

That's so very sad! Only 5 and such troubles! Beau sounds a lot like Spencer with the curving spine thing. Spencer is only 8. The thing on Beau's pad sounds like a corn but I'm sure the vet will tell you what it is on Monday. Hugs to Beau & you!

That's so very sad! Only 5 and such troubles! Beau sounds a lot like Spencer with the curving spine thing. Spencer is only 8. The thing on Beau's pad sounds like a corn but I'm sure the vet will tell you what it is on Monday. Hugs to Beau & you!

No corn. Beau was at the vet yesterday had ex-rays and fll exam. He is in a soft cast due to severe toe trauma.

Ever notice everything that happens to Beau is "Severe".

Sounds like someone needs a DairyQueen?

Beau is an IBD dog. For the rest of his life he can have NOTHING but his prescription food and the tilapia he gets as in add in. That's it. Cookies are dried tilapia we make for him.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:yay for the weight gain!

Poor Mr. Beau...the dogs we've had at the kennel that have needed splints or casts always take a few days to get the hang of it because they add quite a bit of weight to the leg. Hopefully he'll get a rhythm established and his hip will not bother him too much since he's having the acupuncture.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh, that pitiful face! It's such a GOOD thing that he has gained so much weight - which is a testament to the care he's receiving. I feel it's time for some serious chanting to align the sun, moon and stars in order to give this poor little fella a break - not to mention his exhausted Mom and Dad.

"Beau's gonna be better - just wait and see! Beau's gonna be better, just wait and see! Beau's gonna be better, just wait and see! Beau's gonna be better, just wait and see! Beau's gonna be better, just wait and see!"

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh, that pitiful face! It's such a GOOD thing that he has gained so much weight - which is a testament to the care he's receiving. I feel it's time for some serious chanting to align the sun, moon and stars in order to give this poor little fella a break - not to mention his exhausted Mom and Dad.

"Beau's gonna be better - just wait and see! Beau's gonna be better, just wait and see! Beau's gonna be better, just wait and see! Beau's gonna be better, just wait and see! Beau's gonna be better, just wait and see!"

Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo Beau