Just When I Thought The Nightmare Was Over.

Getting texts from Rich- toe very swollen, x-rays being taken hopefull without sedation, will try. Thinks it needs to be splinted.

What the heck could have caused this. Beau does not run. he's my walker, a big walker, but nevertheless a walker.

BEAU IS UP TO 61 POUNDS. HIS NORMAL WEIGHT IS 63. I AM THRILLED BEYONE WORDS. THis is because we are feeding him round the clock, litterally every 3 hours. I am so grateful. He was so emaciated at 52.4 pounds.

THANK GOD.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers eyes and legs crossed here for something very simple and very easily treatable :grouphug

Oooh you edited the weight part in as I was typing! Thats fabulous news :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

No break, no corn, no splint. Soft bandage with bandaged and ace and 75 mg of tramadol 3x a day. Toe very swollen.

No walks. Boot on over bandage when out to pee/poop.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

AWESOME news on the weight!!! I hope the problem with the toe is nothing too serious.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest greytexplorer

WOW that sounds great Robin! (i think?)

Did Beau mess up his toe while going up/down stairs??? :blink:

just trying to figure out what he could have done to mess up his toe like that.......

good job on Beau's weight! that's remarkable :confetti

Did Beau mess up his toe while going up/down stairs??? :blink:

just trying to figure out what he could have done to mess up his toe like that.......

We have no idea. If he had hurt it, he would have let us know. He is not stoic at all. Vet said it's trauma of some sort. A rock? banging it? The fact that it's trauma is good. Nothing else showed on x-ray.

We've had enough already, thank you very much.

Guest Pipi5

Well crap Robin...okay there is no c...the word does not deserve the respect of a capital c. I'm sure its just either muscles, with the weird weather we're all having or its the pad. That's just all there is to it.

Okay I didn't read the other post, nor yours, then I remembered you said "tomorrow" so I went backwards and read your last post first. Okay yay!!!

Toes, they're really easy to stump out in the back yard. Gogh used to come in all the time with scraps on his lower legs because of the crape myrtles that he was determined to hide in. Banker is my screamer, and if he stumped a toe, the entire neighborhood knew it.

This is better news! Right! :beatheart

Edited by Pipi5

Guest Annie

Thank goodness the news is good, Robin!

My prayers are with Beau for a speedy and ongoing recovery! Excellent news on the weight!!!

Glad it appears to be trauma. Here's to an easy fix.

About the seed wart question - they are similar and many times are referred to as the same thing. Seed warts are Papillomas - white cauliflower-life proturberances occuring on the skin surface. The causative agent is a virus that gains entry to the skin following some kind of trauma. There is an incubation period of about 6 weeks between the time of the virus invasion and the appearance of the rapidly growing painful papilloma. This is from Care of the Racing Greyhound.

We have talked about these so often here on Greytalk I thought I would go ahead and post this, since I found a picture too -- Most of the time I've seen these near the pad as shown in the picture, between the toes on the webbing and on the side of a toe near the nail.

SeedWart.jpg

Awesome news about the weight gain!

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg

Guest BoogieDown

And yet again, I find myself saying the things I never thought I would... I'm glad it's a trauma injury. And, I am thrilled beyond words to hear about the weight gain. Good boy, Beau.

I'm glad it turned out to be "just" trauma of some sort. It never ends with these guys, does it? :)

No, it really doesn't. at least not here.

My name is Beau Beau and I have had a very, very, very bad week. :(

DSC_1022.jpg

Oh, poor baby. Of course, after Polli's amputation, and the worry over Beau's IBD, and then Polli leaving you, you couldn't possibly catch a break, right? :(:grouphug I'm sorry, Robin.

Great news about Beau's weight gain though. Really great. Your hard work is really paying off now. So Beau can't go for walks for a while... maybe some training games can help tire him out and relieve the boredom for a while.

:bighug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Yea for gaining weight! Boy, the look on that face in the picture would have me buying all kinds of presents, new beds, etc. That's down-right pitiful!

... maybe some training games can help tire him out and relieve the boredom for a while.

:bighug

No, Beau is pefectly happy how he has already trained us!