Max At Vet

DH has Max at vet to take a look at a lump. He has had it for a while on his hip/thigh area (right on that nice big butt muscle greys have!) and vet has checked it at each visit and deemed it unsuspicious. But over the past month or so, it has grown quite a bit and now has weird spike-like growths on it (two of them, small, maybe half a centimetre and thin, but new).

"Conintuined un-suspicious & totally benign" thoughts would be appreciated.

<chanting I'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowth

I'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowth>

Max says thanks!

Dallas092.jpg

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Chanting from here!!!!! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Well, the boy is home with a few stitches and some lovely metacam. The vet decided to take it off right away, but according to DH, didn't have much else to say about it. I can't decide if this is good or bad! It worries me a little that she took it off right away (the appointment was to just take a look at it, so I guess it looked bad enough... :( ). The results will be back early next week...hopefully very early, so I don't have a lot of time to fret.. :unsure

If you could keep thinking positive thoughts for Max, I would appreciate it. :blush

DH has Max at vet to take a look at a lump. He has had it for a while on his hip/thigh area (right on that nice big butt muscle greys have!) and vet has checked it at each visit and deemed it unsuspicious. But over the past month or so, it has grown quite a bit and now has weird spike-like growths on it (two of them, small, maybe half a centimetre and thin, but new).

"Conintuined un-suspicious & totally benign" thoughts would be appreciated.

<chanting I'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowth

I'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowth>

Max says thanks!

Dallas092.jpg

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Positive thoughts here! For me I would just stare at it and imagine it getting bigger or looking worse if it was there.

I'd be glad it was removed.

Sending my prayers that this is a nothing. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:goodluck for "It's Nothing. Nothing at all."

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Sending good thoughts that it is nothing and Max will be good as new in no time. Hugs to you and Kevin.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

sending many, many positive thoughts Max's way. of course he'll be fine in time for our next visit to NCR :)

"I'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowth"

geez, between Max's and Phene's visits to Michelle today she'll be able to afford a second Hummer :lol

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I wouldn't worry about the vet removing the lump immediately. That may be nothing more than just her thinking that the lump looked uncomfortable and that removing it right away would make Max more comfortable and would lessen the anxiety you and your DH would be feeling if you had to wait for surgery at a later date.

Also, the vet might have had a cancellation of a later appointment. :)

(Every time I try to second guess why my vet has done something unexpected, I wind up guessing something scary, and later find out it was nothing.)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

it'sweird,it'snothing.it'sweird,it'snothing.it'sweird,it'snothing.it'sweird,it'snothing.it'sweird,it'snothing.it'sweird.

:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest multiplicity

Oh Max-Max, I hope you are nice and "happy" on your Metacam.

Murphy has a lump that Michelle wanted to remove but we requested that she just do an aspirate first. It turned out to be benign but she wanted to remove it anyway. We decided against it since Murph is 12yrs and we don't want any unnecessary procedures done on him.

I hope all Max's results are negative and his boo-boo heals fast! :goodluck

(ps Did you know that Max and Devin have the same Dad?)

Edited by multiplicity

sending many, many positive thoughts Max's way. of course he'll be fine in time for our next visit to NCR :)

"I'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'"

geez, between Max's and Phene's visits to Michelle today she'll be able to afford a second Hummer :lol

Yes, indeedy! I could probably claim the seats and doors! :rolleyes:

What was the fabulous Phener-weener-beener at the vet for? I hope he is okay; did Loca convince him that the peanuts would be a great idea for him too?? :lol

"I'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'msureit'snothing,justaweirdgrowthI'"

Yes, indeedy! I could probably claim the seats and doors! :rolleyes:

What was the fabulous Phener-weener-beener at the vet for? I hope he is okay; did Loca convince him that the peanuts would be a great idea for him too?? :lol

physical, vaccines and senior blood work since he's 9 now. on tuesday he goes in for a dental. i claim the engine and the transmission!

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I am happy to report that the pathology came back totally benign!!! Max says thanks for all the good thoughts GTers!! He will continue his work on removing the stitches on his own and hopes to have them all gone by Monday, thus avoiding another trip to the uber-ebel vet!! :rolleyes:

Here he is all worn out, from working on those stitches!

Max006-1.jpg

Lisa & Max (I don't need no stinkin' vet!)

Edited by maximum