Cora Needs Your Help

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loveagrey

Holy cow - I just saw this post now!

I'm so sorry to read about Cora, but she seems to be doing great!!!

Keep it up Cora!

I'm so glad to see that Cora is doing so well. I've been holding my breath. My own Oreo broke her leg and needed a pin implanted, but she died in surgery (a pulmonary embolism). I've worried and fretted about Cora, and I'm delighted that she's recovering so well.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest hannahmom
CBrokenLeg12.jpg

Dear Miss Cora,

Trotting around and wagging when you saw your Momma??

This news made me smile a whole big bunch :colgate :colgate :colgate

You be a good Frankenpuppy ( :P ) and then you'll be able to come home sooner and your Momma won't help buy the nice Doctor a bigger Merceedes :lol

She looks fantastic.!!!!

I cannot believe that the leg looks as good as it does,

Kisses and vey gentle hugs for my Cora the Explorer from Aunty Tena :kiss2

Edited by hannahmom

I am so happy that this had a positive outcome.

You go girlie.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Just amazing - the xrays, the repair, her progress. And she is so beautiful. :wub: So glad she's doing so well.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Pipi5

Oh wow! The xrays are something else. I swear we must have the same orthopedic doctor, Cora & I. Her scar is longer.

I'm so glad she's doing good. The look in those beautiful eyes shows she loves her momma! Please give her a big slobbery kiss from her aunt Heehoo. :beatheart

how was she today?

I'll do a Weekend Update tomorrow after I see her, but the short answer is: just fine. I was a bit disappointed, because there is now more swelling further down her leg, and she seemed a bit uncomfortable. But the swelling is just part of the process, and the discomfort was because her Fentanyl patch had been changed and the new one hadn't fully taken effect. Still, she was quite happy to go for a walk around the parking lot and (small) front lawn a couple of times. I'm to go in at 9am tomorrow to help get her out for her first walk. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I just can't believe how good she looks! I'm sure the swelling is going to come and go, as she heals. I hope you are have a wonderful visit tomorrow - give that pretty girl a kissie on her nosie for me...

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

OMG! Wow. That is quite a story! I have chills. It's amazing how quickly things happen. That was such a bad break, too! Poor Cora! I hope that pain management goes well and she's feeling better soon.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Greyt news!!! Keep it up girl!!

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Keep up the good work sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest hannahmom

Miss Cora,

Please eat all of the yummy food Mom and Dr. Mercedes give to you. (:P)

I am sending extra special healing hugs via your Momma - she'll tell you which ones are from me

Feel better soon

Aunty Tena