The End Is Near

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry to read this update. I have been following Polli's threads and always thought she would be another miracle dog. Don't know what else to say, except you loved her so much and she knows that. Please enjoy the time you have left.

thank you everyone.

As Holly said above -If love and prayers could heal, she would be the healthiest dog around.

I feel your love for her.

Reality has set in. Every time I think I don't a tear left to shed, the tears just flow.

She had been doing better with the acupuncture but after today's vet visit - she is in bad shape. She is just laying here, breathing a little heavy, but not moving. I emailed my vet and she said that today was extremely stressful for Polli- nothing happened that could have hurt her. There was no manipulation at all. They moved the machine rather than Polli to get their pictures. We gave her a valium at 11 AM, tramadol at 4PM and now she is just resting.

Far cry from my demanding foot stomper.

We now pray that we have many good days / weeks/ months. The longer the better, just as long as she is not in pain.

I truly thought that we had beat "it". I can not believe how qickly things turned around.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greydogluvr

Oh, Robin. :brokenheart No one has the words to make this any better. Polli is one special girl. She is so lucky to have had the additional months to spend with her loving family free of the pain OSA causes. Prayers are coming your way. Big hugs and kisses to sweet Polli :kiss2:bighug

Edited by greydogluvr

I am so so so very sorry to hear this. I had such high hopes that Polli would be the one to win. Cherish every moment with her.

gallery_15455_2907_595.jpg

Christie and Bootsy (Turt McGurt and Gil too)
Loving and missing Argos & Likky, forever and ever.
~Old age means realizing you will never own all the dogs you wanted to. ~

Guest taylorsmom

Robin--I am so saddened by this news. You have taken such incredibly good care of Polli, and I know that you will continue to keep her comfortable and loved.

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so sorry to hear about Polli. It's so hard. I hope you will be able to keep her comfortable and spend some peaceful time together. She is lucky to have found a home and lots of love with you.

Guest myjazzy

Oh no, Robin! :weep I'm just seeing this. I'm so sorry. D#*%&d cancer. :angryfire

It is never easy, but rest assured that you and your DH have done everything humanly possible for Polli. Your spunky little girl knows just how much you love her, and she knows she couldn't have possibly found a better forever home.

Cherish every moment you have left with her, and spoil her all you can.

It's just not fair. :brokenheart

:grouphug

Robin...I was so hoping you'd get better news. Take these days/weeks/months to fall in love all over again. I'm doing the same thing.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest GeriMonica

Robin, I am so so sorry. No one could have cared for her better than you. My prayers are with you and your family.