The End Is Near

The cancer has spread. It's in Polli's lungs. In addition, the lump( S) were aspirated and they are vascualr. Blood came out all 4 times they attempted to do it.

We will keep her comfortable for as long as possible. We will continue with the acupunture. Vet said she is not walking like a dog with LS today, it's more in the upper back.

I don't really have anything more to say at this time.

And.. delusional me, thought that we would beat this. I really did.

Thank you all for your prayers. I don't know how I could have gone through any of this without all your love and support.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PiagetsMom

I was so afraid of that, and I'm so sorry, Robin......you couldn't have done more than you and your DH have. You and yours will be in my thoughts :grouphug

Guest R3GREYS

Oh Robin..

I'm so sorry about Polli. I have been following her story and your dedication to her and hoping for better news. I will say prayers for all of you. :(

Rita

Guest jettcricket

...I'm so sorry...tears for you and your pretty girl. :(

You both tried so very hard....some things are just out of our control.

....sending you a whole lot of support and hugs. :grouphug

Oh Robin, we can wish all we want but it doesn't change what's happening. Beautiful Polli. All I can offer is continued prayers

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytbookert

oh Robin, I'm so sorry! This is not what any of us wanted to hear! Many healing thoughts coming your way for all of you!

Guest caiteag

Robin, I am so sorry that this didn't turn out the way we were all praying for. Polli, you and your entire family are still in our prayers and thoughts. No matter how long she has left, know that she knows how much you love her and that you did everything you could to give her the best chance at life.

Oh no! This is soooooooo not fair. Polli has been such a trooper through all this. She couldn't have had a more loving

and devoted family. I admire more than I can ever put into words what you and your DH have done for her (and Beau).

I'm hoping you still have some good quality time with her. There's nothing else to say except I'M SORRY.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest IndysDad

Wow, that's a real punch in the stomach...

I'm sorry the diagnosis wasn't better..

Please enjoy the time you have with her .

Edited by IndysDad

:ohno Oh no, no...

Why???? :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh Robin...I was so afraid of hearing this....my prayers are with you, your family, Polli and the other dogs..you are a wonderful Mom to your gang. This cancer that effects so many of our wonderful dogs saddens me so much. I am sorry.

Donna

Guest Hollys2hounds

Oh No Robin.

I am sooooooooo sorry. I am at work, and I kept checking in on your thread.

I wish desperately there was something I could say or do for you.

Prayers for your sweet girlie.

Prayers for you and Rich.

GIANT HUGS TO ALL OF YOU!

oh no :cry1 :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I'm so very sorry, Robin! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway