The End Is Near

:crying

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry--sending many hugs for you and Polli.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest goodtimekid

Robin, I am so sorry to hear this news. It is with hope that we are able to survive the trials we must endure believing for a positive outcome. Sometimes it's not to be. You and Polli have been an inspiration to all of us. You let us into your lives, and in return you have entered into our lives and are loved by many. We are all praying for peace and comfort for Polli as she heads to the finish line of her life, and for you and the family as you must endure yet another heartache. You did "everything" you could in the face of cancer which is a stealer of life, but thank God not your memories. :grouphug

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I followed all your posts about Polli; didn't reply much because I had no useful advice, but I always prayed for you, your family, Polli, Beau, and your other greys. I admire and respect you so much for all you do for your dogs. Keeping you in my thoughts. :candle

Robin, I am so sorry that you did not get better news. I will keep Polli in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

So very sorry. :cry1 You've done everything possible for your sweet girlie. :grouphug Hoping she can be comfortable and soak up as much loving as possible before it's time to leave. :hope:heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so saddened to read this. You and your DH have done everything possible for Polli - she could not have been in a better home, nor could she have received more thoughtful and courageous care. I am truly sorry.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest Tenderhearts

I am so so sorry, Robin. Having gone through the mets in the lungs with Pikachu, I know your pain. :grouphug

I too have followed the story of Polli and am very sorry you didn't get better news. You did everything you could for her. Hugs for Polli, you and your entire hound and human family.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

No one could have done more for Polli.

True words. Give her some scritchies and a cookie for me, will you?

Sending hugs and strength to you and your DH.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

robin, i've read your running accounts of both polli and beau. it pains me deeply to read this now about her. you have tried your utmost to do right by her and will continue to do so -- of that i have no doubt.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Robin, I am so, so sorry about Polli. It's one of those things that was always on your mind, and you just try to convince yourself that you're being paranoid. Not so this time, but I'm sure that doesn't make it any easier. Hugs to you and your family, and to Polli too.

Camille

Oh, Robin, Polli has captured our hearts, and none of us wanted or expected to hear this news.

How hard you tried, and are still trying. And how hard your sweet girl fights to be with the family she loves.

I know you will fill this precious time with love and comfort.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown