We Had A Really Bad Night

Recap: Polli started having sever problems getting up and standing last weekend. it was so bad that I didn't know what the outcome would be. We took her into the vet, she had a shot of cord, we kept her on deramaxx (Still) and she seemed to have gotten better Monday and Tuesday, however, Wed. it started turning itself around and she was once again hesitant to come down the steps so we carried her down as well as up.

Wednesday about 2AM she began whimpering. She did not stop for the rest of the night no matter what we did.

Thursday we restarted the tramadol and she ate dinner and of course her cookies by the handful but last night she did not sleep at all. Neither did we. We have not been to sleep yet. She whimpered all night. We carried her out 2x and she had to pee/poop. She ate cookies in the middle of the night, but as soon as we climbed into bed or even if we tried to sleep with her on the bed she was on, she was whimmpering. We have a 2:30 acupunture and an appointment with our vet for another shot tomorrow.

We are beyond exhusted. We are now sleep deprieved and I had to leave the bedroom to go down to the kitchen last night to remove myself from the situation as the thoughts going through my head were not good. Definitely sleep deprieved.

Not only have we not slept, never has she. I am home today and I have been laying on the floor with her but she is still at it. She is not due for the tramadol or deramaxx yet. There is nothing I can do. I offer her water periodically and cookies which she will eat. But other than that, and running my hand up and down her to try and comfort her. I am beside myself.

She is clearly uncomfortable and I can not help her.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayers for sweet Polli. :(

Can you maybe get her in to see your vet sooner?

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

(((((((Robin)))))) ((((((Poli)))))) Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Robin, my heart goes out to you and your husband and of course sweet Polli. I'm praying you can find some relief for her so that she and all of you can get some rest.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest PiagetsMom

Sleep deprivation is not a good thing - it makes everything seem so much worse. Sending good thoughts that Polli will be able to relax after her meds and you can get a little rest today :grouphug

Aw, jeez. Sending lots of hugs, Robin. Know how ongoing sleep deprivation makes the humans feel and no, it isn't a pretty state of mind.

Has she had x-rays recently?

FWIW, I seem to be recovering from 2 months of sleep deprivation incidents with Joseph. Tried everything. Pee tested clean twice. Third time was the charm. 3 days on antibiotics, I got a 6.5 hour night. 5 days on antibiotics, I got an 8 hour night. We're at 3 8-hour nights in a row now and getting kind of excited that the trend might continue.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending good thoughts and prayers for you and your family. They are like babies that cry and can not tell us why. Try to nap today.

Molleigh-and-Snowy-sig2.jpg

CAROL & Molleigh (Queen Molly)
My Angel Girl (Slippy's Molly) ~ Thank you for sending me your namesake ~

Not being able to comfort them is the worst feeling in the world. Poli is always in our prayers as are you and DH.

I'm surprised they gave her a cordisone shot while on Deramax. All I can offer are prayers for comfort

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Not being able to comfort them is the worst feeling in the world. Poli is always in our prayers as are you and DH.

I'm surprised they gave her a cordisone shot while on Deramax. All I can offer are prayers for comfort

We had a 36 hour window between the deramaxx and Cord. BUT we could use both IF we HAD to with pepcid 1/2 hour before.

Yes, there are risks, but you have to weigh it all out.

Right now, she is suffering and no one is doing anything. I am waiting for my vet's office to call me back. I believe they are trying to get in touch with my vet but the bottom line is she is not in today.

I am also scared that the acupunture today will make her worse before she is better. I just want hernot to hurt.

It's killing me.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

I am so sorry Robin, but I know if anyone can get her the attention she needs and get it now you can!! I wish I could help

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so sorry that Polli is hurting. Hugs to everyone.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Vet does not want to do the shot today. She said she doesn't want to do the shot AND acupunture. We will bring her in tomorrow early morning.

I don't know. I think maybe it's because there is no one there to do it. I just don't know.

I was able to move her acupuncture to 1:30.

Guest PiagetsMom
Has she had x-rays recently?

I know that you probably really, really don't want to do this, but....... I know your vet will have advice for you - hopefully you'll be able to talk to her soon :grouphug

Sending lots of hugs in addition to more prayers and good thoughts. It just hurts so much not to be able to help them in any way. Been there. Hated every darn minute of it. Sleep deprivation doesn't help at all. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Robin, I am so sorry, we will be praying for all of you. :grouphug:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Oh Robin :cry1 :cry1

Is there any way that you and Rich could take it in turns to sleep in another room for part of the night, while one of you stays with Polli, so that you can at least get SOME sleep? You need get some rest. I realize that, even so, the worry alone may keep you awake, but you should try. Being sleep deprived is going to make you more depressed and more anxious about the situation.

Please keep the updates coming... I have everything I crossed here that I can possibly cross for sweet Polli. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Oh Robin :cry1 :cry1

Is there any way that you and Rich could take it in turns to sleep in another room for part of the night, while one of you stays with Polli, so that you can at least get SOME sleep? You need get some rest. I realize that, even so, the worry alone may keep you awake, but you should try. Being sleep deprived is going to make you more depressed and more anxious about the situation.

Please keep the updates coming... I have everything I crossed here that I can possibly cross for sweet Polli. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Problem with that one is that he would never "hear" Beau staring at him telling him he has to go out. When he is out, he is out, unlike me who automatically wakes up to see him watching me. But with Polli not sleeping and carrying on, we don't have to worry about missing Beau's cues.

Tonight Polli is getting a valium. I just wish I could take one too, but I would miss Beau's cue to go out so I can't.

After reading your daily schedule you posted yesterday (?) I was already exhausted for you.... I do not know how your family is holding it together with Polli and Beau and the constant concern and care everyone needs.

Oh I do hope relief can be brought to Polli today and that you all might be able to nap the weekend away.

Amy and Tim in Beverly, MA, with Chase and Always missing Kingsley (Drama King) and Ruby (KB's Bee Bopper).