Fuzzy And Paul Are Having Dentals Tomorrow

Both my boys are having dentals tomorrow. Paul is expected to have at least six extractions and Fuzzy, hopefully, just a cleaning. Paul had a dental in August wherein he had four teeth removed. Now he is back again, for more extractions, just a few months later. Poor boy, has to go through it all over again.

With all the sad news on the list, if you have any good thoughts left for Fuzzy and Paul, they would be appreciated. I am always very nervous when they have to be anesthetized. Thanks.

IMG_0007.jpg

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We have plenty of good thoughts for those two dolls!!

Misty says, have the ice cream ready!!!

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest jettcricket

.....look at those two cuties...I especially like the way Fuzzy's looking up and his whites are showing. :wub:

Good luck boys, you'll both do fine.

Hoping to meet you both soon. :)

Edited by jettcricket

Many prayers and soft white light coming for Fuzzy and Paul....everything is going to be just fine! :):grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hang in there mom, I know how hard it is to wait and worry, but I'm sure they'll be fine :)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I bet they'll both do fine, but I'll be thinking of them...and you.

Something I found out the hard way: vets are very bad at estimating time. I once was told "done by 3 pm"; when I called the vet at 3:30, one dog was just waking up and the other not even started. (And I was so stressed over the whole thing, that the delay pushed me over the edge and I burst into tears.) It turns out that my vet likes to do his "tricky" procedures--dogs with health problems and potential complications--first thing in the morning; healthy dogs--like my guys--can get pushed back to later in the day. I've learned not to panic when they're running late with my guys...and not to get my hopes up when they predict "done by 3."

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest Hollys2hounds

Irene,

Good thoughts and prayers are sent your way!!!

I'll be thinking of you all day.

Hugs for you all!

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Sending gentle hugs for all and scritchies for your brave boys. Hope all goes well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Paul had 27 teeth removed. He has to stay at least over night tonight and possibly over tomorrow. I saw him while he was under and he was a mess, so I am glad he gets to stay, but I miss my sweet guy already. The vet showed me his teeth, they were full of holes and the gums were bleeding very badly. His last dental was in August. I have had him three years and he has had four dentals.

We brush, use water additives, dental gel and dental chews. We give turkey necks and chicken backs. I don't know what else I could have done. Keep him in your thoughts that he has a good night. They told me he will get pain meds.

Fuzzy only needed a touch up cleaning and is fine.

Thinking good-pain-meds thoughts for Paul and a gentle recovery. I bet he'll feel soooo much better without those 27 (yikes!) nasties.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Oh my, that poor boy. Better fill the freezer with ice cream. We'll keep him in our prayers.

And there's nothing else you could have done. You had all the bases covered

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytkidsmom

27 teeth - yikes!

I know the tooth fairy will bring Paul a lot of treats.

Just think of all those ETS pictures you will be able to take when he feels better :)

Glad he has someone to keep an eye on him overnight.

Sending lots of good thoughts for an uneventful recovery.

Poor baby. You'll just have to spoil him when he gets home. Sending hugs to Paul , Fuzzy and you. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

OMG 27 teeth. I thought Polli having 17 removed was a lot. Was this his first dental? I brush Polli's teeth every night and I do mean every night. And still, she has had to have 3 dentals in a a little over a year. Her breath is bad already and her last dental was in Oct when she had her amp.

Some dogs have really bad teeth.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Awwww...poor baby. :( Our Angel LaceyLaine had 24 teeth removed her first dental...she drooled blood the first 24 hours and was dumpy....after that it was like nothing was done to her...I think she felt better with those icky teeth gone...she had no dental care for years with her previous owner. I know your baby is going to feel so much better. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Paul..you'll be OK.

Buddy says to tell him that teeth are over-rated!

Buddy had bad teeth as well. His prior family had dentals done on him. He lost teeth every time. When I got him he needed annother. His previous one was in May, and I got him in Oct. He only has 2 left.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I'm glad to read that Fuzzy only needed a touch up. Poor Paul, I hope he has a restful night and can see you in the morning. I can't imagine losing so many teeth.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Checking in on your boys this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

We are waiting for the vet tech to call, as that is the only person who can release him on the weekend. The volunteer at the kennel called and said she has left a note for the techs who come in a little later on. She said he looked good, ate and was out in the pen for potty. She didn't even realize that he had that many teeth pulled. She said not swollen at all.

I can't wait to go get him today. I can tell Fuzzy misses him terribly. He is very subdued. He needs his bud back.