Fuzzy And Paul Are Having Dentals Tomorrow

No swelling? That's amazing!! It'll be good to hear that he's home and comfortable. I hope you filled that freezer with ice cream :lol

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytbookert

I'm sure Paul will be happy to get home! Sometimes, no matter what we do, the teeth and gums are just that bad! Don't blame yourself, he will adjust just fine.

I hope his recovery is easy and quick!

wow, 27, makes me wonder how many teeth they have.....

I asked the question on Yahoo and got this answer:

Many owners ask us how many teeth their dogs have! Greyhounds have just as many teeth as every other breed. As puppies they have 28 teeth, then their baby teeth fall out (like humans!) and their adult teeth, premolars and molars all come in making the final count 42 teeth for an adult dog.

Although, I do have to say... most of the Greyhounds that come to my work have an average of 13 teeth!!! Greyhounds, genetically, have horrible teeth. Most need to get pulled during dentals! We even have one Greyhound, Speedy, who only has his 4 canine teeth remaining!!!

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Update: 3/07/09.

Paul will not come home until at least Monday. Not exactly what the kennel worker told me this morning. He is swollen, drooling and they want to medicate him for the swelling. He did eat, has no fever, and is peeing normally. He was tested and has no infection, but according to them he is very messy at the moment. Since we live so far away, they would rather keep him over the weekend.

We miss him.

Poor Paul--can you visit him?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Poor Paul--can you visit him?

One of the reasons they are keeping him is because we live over an hour and half away. So, if there should be a problem, we would have to take him to the ER, over the weekend. I have a friend who volunteers for the group and lives nearby to the kennel. She visited him last night and will check on him again today and tomorrow. She calls me after. Who knew a house could be so quiet with just one dog?

Guest 4baddogs

I know you hate not having him home, but Flashy had 24 teeth extracted (he came to us with horrendous teeth!) and he came home the same day. In hindsight, I would have preferred he stayed over. He was seeping blood, he was incredibly woozy, and the hospital could have cared for him much better than we did (medically speaking!).

I hope your big guy heals well real soon!

I'm sorry Paul has to stay over the weekend, but I'm glad your friend can visit him. Hopefully he will feel better quickly and can be home with Fuzzy.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Irene, I'm sorry Paul has had such a rough time. :( I hope he's feeling much better soon.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis